Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Police: Girl Dies After Parents Pray for Healing Instead of Seeking Medical Help

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    if he was so great, and he really did love everybody, then he would provide food on everyones plate, and a roof over their heads
    I think you can come up with better, more educated arguments on why God doesn't exist than this, can't you?

If there was a God, do you really think he would want everything perfect for everybody?
    How would it be decided if the peons would go to heaven or hell if there was no scrutinous test (known as life) to make determinations?

Athiests have a misconception that a God is supposed to be someone who whipes their jiggly butt and holds their hand every second of life's journey.
    No room for pussys in heaven.
    God was created by the Biametrical mind. As man evolved we began to use our brains in more safisticated ways, creating "Gods" or "God Like Authorities". Recently studies have shown that people like Moses used phycadelic drugs. This aids in creating the little fantasy worlds and things like opening up the red sea.

Athiests do not believe God is their to wipe there a$$. They believe that wiping there own a$$ along with creating the life they live directly comes from themselves with absolutly no help from god. They believe they control there own destiny not God. They refuse to rely on God to help them and rely on themselves. Many many people need a God or a "God like Authority". They believe it helps them and so do I.

Jesus was a very very smart man, he used an after life as basis to gain followers, which is quite genious.

If they came out and told the real truth we could be in serious mayham. The one way to control the masses is goverment and religion. They work hand in hand in dominating todays society.
    Very nice post!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Re: Police: Girl Dies After Parents Pray for Healing Instead of Seeking Medical

What's especially sad about all of this is that the parents are outright WRONG in their interpretation.
    Nowhere in the Bible (nor in any holy book that I am aware of) does it explicitly state "Do not seek the attention of a doctor."
    Nowhere.
    They are wrong regardless of whether God exists or not.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"BBQ" wrote:
    What's especially sad about all of this is that the parents are outright WRONG in their interpretation.
    Nowhere in the Bible (nor in any holy book that I am aware of) does it explicitly state "Do not seek the attention of a doctor."
    Nowhere.
    They are wrong regardless of whether God exists or not.
    It's because some guy like Pat Robertson tells them over the T.V. that what god "meant" to say what whatever Robertson happens to believe.
    So they eat it up, don't care what the Bible actually says and lets stuff like this happen.
    Amazing a book that is supposed to be about peace and helping your fellow man is twisted by some people to mean you can't even take your kids to those new fangled "satan doctors".

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    God was created by the Biametrical mind. As man evolved we began to use our brains in more safisticated ways, creating "Gods" or "God Like Authorities". Recently studies have shown that people like Moses used phycadelic drugs. This aids in creating the little fantasy worlds and things like opening up the red sea.

Athiests do not believe God is their to wipe there a$$. They believe that wiping there own a$$ along with creating the life they live directly comes from themselves with absolutly no help from god. They believe they control there own destiny not God. They refuse to rely on God to help them and rely on themselves. Many many people need a God or a "God like Authority". They believe it helps them and so do I.

Jesus was a very very smart man, he used an after life as basis to gain followers, which is quite genious.

If they came out and told the real truth we could be in serious mayham. The one way to control the masses is goverment and religion. They work hand in hand in dominating todays society.
    Just a couple notes on this... Those studies that you say Moses USED psychedelic drugs... it a theory, the studies haven't proven anything.

I hate people that point out spelling mistakes... but the fact that you spelled "Sophisticated" as "Safisticated" I found humorous.

I do agree though, if humans knew the truth, there would be mayhem. The human mind simply cannot comprehend what "God" or the "Creator" really is.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Just a couple notes on this... Those studies that you say Moses USED psychedelic drugs... it a theory, the studies haven't proven anything.

I hate people that point out spelling mistakes... but the fact that you spelled "Sophisticated" as "Safisticated" I found humorous.

I do agree though, if humans knew the truth, there would be mayhem. The human mind simply cannot comprehend what "God" or the "Creator" really is.
    I don't know, I've always viewed God as the fundamental "pillar" of all possibility - y'know, basically existence itself.
    I've never doubted that such a thing exists (how could you argue against the pillar on which all existent things rest?), and I consider it to be the greatest thing of which can possibly be conceived.
    The debate doesn't lie in whether or not there is a God but whether this God is a being capable of giving a shit.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

I know its theorey thats why I said "Studies have Shown". Although I do believe they make some good points in there studies. To actually believe you had some sort of communiction with God like Moses did, one would have to be on psychedelic drugs, and if one were this would be very possible. In reality this makes more sense to me.

This is a perfect example of the being apart of the "Masses". Underestimating the power and ability of the human mind. And to believe that humans don't know the truth is ludacris.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234