Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Police: Girl Dies After Parents Pray for Healing Instead of Seeking Medical Help

WESTON, Wis. —
    An 11-year-old girl died after her parents prayed for healing rather than seek medical help for a treatable form of diabetes, police said Tuesday.......

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341574,00.html

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Police: Girl Dies After Parents Pray for Healing Instead of Seeking Medical Help

Let's just save everyone the trouble and lock this thread now.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Police: Girl Dies After Parents Pray for Healing Instead of Seeking Medical Help

Wasn't this an episode of Law and Order a like five years ago?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Yes, yes, and yes.

This thread will be locked I'm sure.

If what her parents did isn't illegal, stupidity should be....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Police: Girl Dies After Parents Pray for Healing Instead of Seeking Medical

since praying did nothing for their child, why on earth havent their beliefs changed?

if there was a god, he wouldnt have created people this stupid
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I don't think it will be locked, I think everyone can agree the parents are idiots. The only real question is how in the hell are the other 3 children left in the house?

PurpleSticky is offline Training Camp

I just got back from an easter weekend in Chicago and my girlfriends great grandmother who is 96 is a christian scientologist who has never been to the doctor in her entire life.
    Not even to have her daughter.
    She is starting to shrink and stuff but other than that she seemed pretty healthy for her age.
    I don't go to the doctor either but thats only because my health insurance is a complete scam.
    Praise the Lord!

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I don't think it will be locked, I think everyone can agree the parents are idiots. The only real question is how in the hell are the other 3 children left in the house?
    They are not.. they have been removed from the house and place with other portions of their families.. this whole thing is just insane. Story is twisting into some sort of online worship.. regardless, just completely insane.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"olson_10" wrote:
    since praying did nothing for their child, why on earth havent their beliefs changed?

if there was a god, he wouldnt have created people this stupid
    Exactly, we'd all be billionaires and there would be no such thing as disease or famine.
    Everyone would live to be over a million years old.
    God that would be sweet.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"PurpleSticky" wrote:
    I just got back from an easter weekend in Chicago and my girlfriends great grandmother who is 96 is a christian scientologist who has never been to the doctor in her entire life.
    Not even to have her daughter.
    She is starting to shrink and stuff but other than that she seemed pretty healthy for her age.
    I don't go to the doctor either but thats only because my health insurance is a complete scam.
    Praise the Lord!
    Good for her and for you. I havn't been to the doctor in 8 years but If I was slowly dying for 30 days I would probably go in.
    Reminds me of this story:
    Perhaps more apt, I’m reminded of the deeply religious man who heard a newscast that a hurricane was coming, that a great flood would cover the city, so he should evacuate at once. He said to himself, “I don’t need to leave. God will save me.”

As the storm approached, a police officer knocked on his door and repeated that he should evacuate right away. The man said, “I don’t need to go. God will save me.”

Then the storm hit, and the surge flooded the city. A rescue worker in a rowboat tapped on the man’s second story window and offered him escape. The man yet again replied, “I don’t need your help. God will save me.”

The flood continued to rise, and by nightfall the man had climbed up onto his roof. A helicopter overhead spotted him in its light beam and lowered a ladder to the man. He waved them off, shouting back, “I don’t need you. God will save me.”

The flood soon rose above the roofline, and the floundering man drowned.
    Standing before the Seat of Judgment, the man demanded to know why God betrayed him. “I trusted you to save me,” he cried, “but you let me drown!”

God answered, “I sent to you a newscast. I sent a police officer. I sent a rowboat. I sent a helicopter. I did my part. Why did you refuse my help?”
    http://media-visions.com/globalsense...efused-rescue/
    The link really has nothing to do with the story but I though I should include the source.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast