Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Police Beating of Fan last Sunday witnesses wanted

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Downtown Minneapolis after a Vikings game, anything can happen. Most people wouldn't think twice about a drunkard fighting cops. And yes, I do assume he was intoxicated and resisted arrest and caught a whoopin.
    AND yes, a cop pulled me out of the passenger side of the car, threw me on the ground and kneed me in the back, cuffed me and sat me on the street and told me I fit the profile of someone who shot up a house because we were in a "black" automobile. Then he asked why my last name is german, the witnesses drove by and said it wasn't me, and then I heard it happened to my Mexican friend a block away. Awesome job profiling! (he did however feel like an idiot after telling me I was going to prison and I was F'd by the fickle hand of fate in a Fargo accent)
    LMAO wow that is messed up. My brother in law has experienced something similar here. Police that abuse that authority and power should run a deli instead. I do have a hard time believing that a guy leaving gate H of the dome, gets grabbed by 5 cops beat and tasered is a situation people would shrug off as "Oh he is drunk"

I think someone isnt telling his uncle the whole story.

Prophet Guest

I think I remember that story.
    He was a Packers fan and was doing the police dog when they ran across him at Gate H.
    Don't remember any more details.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The part about leaving voluntarily at half time sends up red flags, and makes me think that alcohol was involved and that it wasn't a random beating.

And death to Denny you resemble a shooting suspect and the police didn't ask you to please lay on the ground?
    They were after a shooting suspect hence that the guy is dangerous and armed, what should they do?

I was mistaken for a suspect in an armed robbery because I drove the same kinda car, I was ordered out of my car at gun point and taken to the ground and hand cuffed, and I was released about an hour later.
    Do I blame the police?
    No, they were doing their job!!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Gift is offline Coordinator

I live & work downtown & I see DWB's on a daily basis. But just like any other job, you have some good people & some shitheads.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"McNutt" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I didn't hear or see anything after leaving the game on Sunday.
    Do you know the area where this happened?
    I think it was in an area away from the seats, but I'll try to get a specific location and time.

He's facing felony assault charges.
    So he was inside the dome around gate H?
    Either way I can guarantee you that there are security cameras that recorded the event.
    Contact Metrodome security.
    Better yet, if he's innocent as he stated he should hire an attorney to investigate.
    If "He's facing felony assault charges" there must be more to it than what he's telling you.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hell, I got roughed up hard by a St. Paul narc cop once over 10 years ago.... gave a buddy a ride back to his apartment in East St Paul...was going in with him to grab some CDs, and the whole narc squad was on the bottom floor.
    They grabbed me, cuffed me....they jacked me up...tore my vehicle apart....told me I was going to jail and won't my parents be embarrassed about their loser son, on and on....all they found was 10 bucks on me, and a clean car.

Accused me of being there to buy drugs, and said I fit the profile of some rich suburban prick screwing up St Paul with my drug habit.
    So yeah, I got profiled walking in the building.
    I was like, WTF?
    I drive a beat up old Oldsmobile.

They let me go of course.
    Thankfully the guys getting busted...one of them came out when asked by the cops and told the cops they didn't know me and wouldn't sell to a honky like me.
    Thank you!!
    But that crap happens all too often I suspect.

Del Rio Guest

I am not sure about Minnesota law, but FELONY assault usually means a weapon was involved does it not? I thought simple assault could not qualify as a felony. Aggravated assault can though and usually only when a weapon is involved.

If that is true I could see them beating him senseless and tazering his ass. Especially if he had a weapon.

Sounds like he is a Philly fan and he went to the wrong stadium.

Prophet Guest

"Del" wrote:
    I am not sure about Minnesota law, but FELONY assault usually means a weapon was involved does it not? I thought simple assault could not qualify as a felony. Aggravated assault can though and usually only when a weapon is involved.

If that is true I could see them beating him senseless and tazering his jiggly butt. Especially if he had a weapon.

Unless you're a black belt.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I think I remember that story.
    He was a Packers fan and was doing the police dog when they ran across him at Gate H.
    Don't remember any more details.
    Yeah...and I think that the dog actually pressed charges against the Puker fan!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

twiztedfait is offline Starter

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

If that is true I could see them beating him senseless and tazering his jiggly butt. Especially if he had a weapon.

Unless you're a black belt.
    I think it is the same for boxers/kixboxers as well.
    If he hit a cop or security guard it would also be a felony if I recall correctly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast