Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Please: Be Original!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    I'm sorry i posted the espn insider on Mel's first mock draft, it won't happen again
    Dude....I think thats fine as long as you don't claim it as your own....I think its OK anyways
    No, that's a paid service.
    Can't repost it on a public board.
    PPO has had problems with Viking Update articles before getting on this site, people weren't even claiming it was their own content. VU doesn't like it.
    That was just a reminder for those that may not remember that far back.

Insider on ESPN down to the Viking Update, paid content is not only something you are suppose to pay for, it is also severely copyrighted or at the very least coveted enough to want to protect with legal action.
    Heck, one isn't going to go and repost something from the Star Trib writers and claim it is their own.

I am sure the agreements to use those paid sights also warns you not to reuse it.
    Just about everything now days has something on it if you look hard enough that basically says "if it isn't yours, don't take it."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    I'm sorry i posted the espn insider on Mel's first mock draft, it won't happen again
    Dude....I think thats fine as long as you don't claim it as your own....I think its OK anyways
    PPO has had problems with Viking Update articles before getting on this site, people weren't even claiming it was their own content. VU doesn't like it.

Insider on ESPN down to the Viking Update, paid content is not only something you are suppose to pay for, it is also severely copyrighted or at the very least coveted enough to want to protect with legal action.
    Heck, one isn't going to go and repost something from the Star Trib writers and claim it is their own.

I am sure the agreements to use those paid sights also warns you not to reuse it.
    Just about everything now days has something on it if you look hard enough that basically says "if it isn't yours, don't take it."

That is why with VU (Vikings Update) articles or anything from Scout.com that are available to the public (non-subscription) post only the title of the article & source
    along with the link & do not include one paragraph or even one sentence of the article itself in the post. That is what I do.

Also, most articles are copywrite protected. Subscription or no subscription. One should never post the entire article in the post. Only a sentence of it or two of it & provide the link for the rest. It's one of the golden rules here & is there for a reason.

You don't have to claim it as your own to violate intellectual property & copywrite laws. Posting entire articles can be construed as violating the law.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Webby you were sued before for this?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    On VU, if the article is open for public viewing, I treat it as any other article. I give a link to it and post a few sentences. I don't see those as the same as $$$ protected articles. But I don't subscribe to any of those anyway. I'm too cheap! LOL

That is why with VU (Vikings Update) articles or anything from Scout.com that are available to the public (non-subscription) post only the title of the article & source
    along with the link & do not include one paragraph or even one sentence of the article itself in the post. That is what I do.

Also, most articles are copywrite protected. Subscription or no subscription. One should never post the entire article in the post. Only a sentence of it or two of it & provide the link for the rest. It's one of the golden rules here & is there for a reason.

You don't have to claim it as your own to violate intellectual property & copywrite laws. Posting entire articles can be construed as violating the law.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    [quote author=MindFreak link=topic=41769.msg713197#msg713197 date=1201324841]
    On VU, if the article is open for public viewing, I treat it as any other article. I give a link to it and post a few sentences. I don't see those as the same as $$$ protected articles. But I don't subscribe to any of those anyway. I'm too cheap! LOL

[/quote]

What did you post Cojo?
    You posted in the quote.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

On a serious note can we post PICS? Or should we just send the link?

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=davike link=topic=41769.msg713202#msg713202 date=1201325197]

[/quote]

What did you post Cojo?
    You posted in the quote.
    [/quote]
    Gezzzz, I posted nothing. What I meant to add was this:
    I figure when VU has an article that is open to the public to see, it is "fair game" to post the link and a few lines from the article. It's not like the $$$ protected things.
    Of course, I don't view those anyway because I'm too cheap to spend the money.
    LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=41769.msg713204#msg713204 date=1201325281]

[/quote]

What did you post Cojo?
    You posted in the quote.
    [/quote]
    I figure when VU has an article that is open to the public to see, it is "fair game" to post the link and a few lines from the article. It's not like the $$$ protected things.
    LOL
    [/quote]

you posted it, just put it in the quote

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=snowinapril link=topic=41769.msg713206#msg713206 date=1201325880]

[/quote]

What did you post Cojo?
    You posted in the quote.
    [/quote]
    LOL
    [/quote]

you posted it, just put it in the quote
    [/quote]

Crap! I'm usually so careful about that. Sorry guys and gals!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

[/quote]

What did you post Cojo?
    You posted in the quote.
    [/quote]
    LOL
    [/quote]

You can post a link.
    Not the article.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast