Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: PlayStation murder case plagued by paperwork error

"Del" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    So this is the follow up to that 20 page post about this crime?

The cop thought the battering ram noise was a gun firing? WTF kind of training do they give them guys.

I hope they do charge his sorry jiggly butt, firing is not enough imo. Oh and making a paperwork mistake? Comon, this guy is a 12 year vet, and the court accidentally makes a mistake that keeps him from being charged? kaka del toro.
    AGREED DEL!!!

Tark don't give me a heart attack this is my Friday.
    Always keep 'em guessing Del!!!
    Have a great weekend! ??? ;D

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Del Rio Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    floop this kid..all he had to do was not steal a ps3 and hed still be alive..no sympathy whatsoever..necessary force since the kid was considered a dangerous criminal in the first place..he lost his job, thats punishment enough

: Wow! I'll just have to roll my eyes on this comment.

What happens if your sitting in your living room playing with a PS# with the volume pumped up & a neighbor reports gunfire coming from your house & the police come in and shoot you because they mistook your controller for a gun?
    Damn he didn't even mistake the controller for a gun, from this article it looks like they didn't even knock. They hammered the door down the cop thought the battering ram sound was a gunshot LMAO!!!

And the dog, jesus man your sitting there playing a game your dogs probably laying on the floor and BOOOM the door gets hit that dog is going to protect. The whole situation is messed up. I don't understand why you can't just knock on the door and attemt to do this peacfully.

That was my concern last time this came up. Wasn't there another way? You have to go all fucking rambo on the situation?

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

Yeah, the kid did something wrong - he was a teenager. You never did anything stupid when you were a teen? People can actually turn their lives around. He didn't do anything to deserve to be shot.

First let me say the police were wrong in this and they should have knocked on the door and arrested the kid, they went Rambo when there wasn't a need to do it.

I don't agree with the did something wrong as a teenager defense either.

I did stupid things as a teen, but I didn't rob people and beat them with pipes!
    That is armed robbery with intent to do bodily harm, or attempted murder.
    That is not an innocent prank that can just be forgiven, it is a serious crime that should have been dealt with but dealt with in a different manner.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am not even going to get into this debate... again. ;D

I was surprised at the murder charge... Perhaps the laws are different in North Carolina, but I would have thought that even if the death was the result of negligence on the deputy's part it would be manslaughter...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

Yeah, the kid did something wrong - he was a teenager. You never did anything stupid when you were a teen? People can actually turn their lives around. He didn't do anything to deserve to be shot.

First let me say the police were wrong in this and they should have knocked on the door and arrested the kid, they went Rambo when there wasn't a need to do it.

I don't agree with the did something wrong as a teenager defense either.

I did stupid things as a teen, but I didn't rob people and beat them with pipes!
    That is armed robbery with intent to do bodily harm, or attempted murder.
    That is not an innocent prank that can just be forgiven, it is a serious crime that should have been dealt with but dealt with in a different manner.
    Clearly, what the kid did was completely wrong, and he definitely deserved to be punished - not shot. What I said was in reference to the "he got what he deserved" comment.

The teen had obviously taken more than a couple wrong turns in his life and he could probably have used a little time in juvi. This is of course assuming that he even did commit the crime, which as far as I've read, hasn't been shown - his two friends have both pled not guilty to the charges.

But even if he did commit the crime, what the cop did was completely uncalled for, and a young man's life is over because of it for no good reason.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think it should be pointed out that the cop didn't shoot the kid as punishment.
    From the sounds of the article, it sounds like the cop acted inappropriately or neglectfully, but it isn't like he stood outside the door and made the decision to shoot and kill the kid just because he was a thief.

On the same note, deserved or not, the kid put himself in that position.
    It is sad and unfortunate and shouldn't have happened, but I refuse to ;ook at this kid as some poor innocent victim.

Damn, I was going to try and stay out of this thread.
    OK.
    Last post, promise.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12