AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Playmakers - TV series

The series "Playmakers" is being shown on satellite here from next month. It's being hyped up as having caused a few shocks and upsets when it was screened in the US. Anyone seen it and can say if its worth watching at all , or is the hype hiding a programme thats no good ?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Playmakers - TV series

I actually liked the show. It's basically an hour-long football drama, showing the "behind-the-scenes" lives of a professional football team. A lot of people argued it played off of too many stereotypes, but as colorful as the NFL is, I'd say they're wrong. The show wasn't catchy at first, but after a few episodes I was in to it. But one season is all you'll get--the ESPN execs canned the show! One and done.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Playmakers - TV series

i liked it too. but the acting was for the sh!ts from some of them. you do find yourself rooting for some guys and hoping others fall on their face
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Playmakers - TV series

I also like the show. But they did pretty much take every headline from teh NFL and put it into the show. From one player being gay, to one player being accused of abusing his wife etc. So the story lines aren't very original and they did kind of go overboard when presenting them. Basically it is every story you have heard about some NFL players over the years but all these crazy things just seem to happen to this one footbal team. It is full of stereo types but I did enjoy watching it and found myself having to be home in time to tune in every week.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Playmakers - TV series

The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that everything happened so quickly. One week a guy is beating his wife, another week a guy is doing drugs right before a game. I understand that you have to squeeze things into an hour a week for only a few months, but there was so much happening and like redhead said they go a little overboard with the dramatizations. But I thought it was an ok show. It reminded me of the packer lockerroom Favre:drugs, Ahman:beating his wife, etc.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Playmakers - TV series

Vkg4lfe pretty cool how you attached the whole shebang to the packers fans but you are going to open yourself up to a whole bunch of retaliation. I can remember not too far back where we had a coach and a qb who got in a little trouble for the woman beating issue (the going joke is why can't Warren Moon hit any of our wide receivers - answer because they aren't wearing dresses). Lately we can't seem to go by a week without seeing one of our team members in the paper for drunk driving and the gay player in the locker again came from the vikings. I love the vikings they are my team so don't mean to point the finger our way but I am just hoping you are ready for all the cheesehead rebuttals. I can't wait to read them as I am sure I will get a kick out of their responses. So bring it on cheeseheads.