Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Playlist game - round 1 (josdin00)

Another idea to keep us busy during the offseason. Whichever member knocks the most songs off the list gets to post their list next round.

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
    Step 2: Post the first line (or enough to give folks a change to identify the song) from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
    Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
    Step 4: For those who are guessing -- looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING!

(Okay, I have some really obscure artists on my playlist that nobody would have guessed, so I didn't exactly use the first 25 songs, but it was close enough. I don't think too many of you would know some of my friends' bands.)

Songs:

[s]1. I am smelling like a rose that somebody left me on my birthday death bed.[/s] dcboardr41

[s]2. If I had to lose a mile, if I had to touch feelings, I would lose my soul the way I do[/s] duvaldomo

[s]3. Gee, but it's great to be back home, home is where I want to be.[/s] BadlandsViking

[s]4. I got the blues from my baby left me by the san francisco bay. [/s] BadlandsViking

[s]5. Look straight in the window, try not look below, pretend I'm not up here, I try counting sheep...[/s] BadlandsViking

[s]6. Blue morning, blue morning, wrapped in strands of fist and bone. Curiosity, kitten, doesn't have to mean you're on your own[/s] BadlandsViking

[s]7. Broke into the old apartment, this is where we used to live.[/s] VikingMD

[s]8. Well, I'm running down the road, tryin to loosen my load. I've got seven women on my mind.[/s] C Mac D

[s]9. Raised on songs and stories, heroes of renown; the passing tales and glories that once was Dublin Town.[/s] BadlandsViking

[s]10. Up and down that lonely road of faith, I have been there, unprepared for the storms and the tides that rise.[/s] BadlandsViking

[s]11. Trailer for sale or rent. Rooms to let...fifty cents. No phone, no pool, no pets; I ain't got no cigarettes.[/s] BadlandsViking

[s]12. I was cutting the rug down at a place called the jug, with a girl named linda lu, when in walked a man with a gun in his hand, and he was looking for you know who.[/s] BadlandsViking

[s]13. I walk the streets of Japan till I get lost cause it doesn't remind me of anything.[/s] jessejames09

[s]14. When Im stable long enough, I start to look around for love. See a sweet and floral print, my mind begins the arrangements.[/s] BadlandsViking

[s]15. I was bruised and battered and I couldnt tell what I felt. I was unrecognizable to myself.[/s] C Mac D

[s]16. Shout, Shout, Let it all out. These are the things I can do without.[/s] dcboardr41

[s]17. She packed my bags last night pre-flight, zero hour nine a.m. and i'm gonna be high as a kite by then.[/s] x-ray jeff

[s]18. I'm so happy. Cause today I found my friends; they're in my head. I'm so ugly. But that's ok 'cause so are you.[/s] jessejames09

[s]19. I wanted you to know that I love the way you laugh. I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away.[/s] dcboardr41

[s]20. I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing.[/s] jessejames09

[s]21. There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the theif.[/s] jessejames09

[s]22. Well life on the farm is kinda laid back. Ain't much an old country boy like me cant hack.[/s] C Mac D

[s]23. Do you not hear me anymore? I know its not your thing to care. I know its cool to be so bored.[/s] GreenBaySlackers

[s]24. End of passion play, crumbling away, I'm your source of self-destruction. Veins that pump with fear, sucking darkest clear, leading on your deaths construction.[/s] GreenBaySlackers

[s]25. It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection. That makes you feel I'll convey some inner truth or vast reflection.[/s] C Mac D

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Playlist game - round 1 (josdin00)

"josdin00" wrote:
    Another idea to keep us busy during the offseason. Whichever member knocks the most songs off the list gets to post their list next round.

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
    Step 2: Post the first line (or enough to give folks a change to identify the song) from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
    Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
    Step 4: For those who are guessing -- looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING!

(Okay, I have some really obscure artists on my playlist that nobody would have guessed, so I didn't exactly use the first 25 songs, but it was close enough. I don't think too many of you would know some of my friends' bands.)

Songs:

1. I am smelling like a rose that somebody left me on my birthday death bed.

2. If I had to lose a mile, if I had to touch feelings, I would lose my soul the way I do

3. Gee, but it's great to be back home, home is where I want to be.

4. I got the blues from my baby left me by the san francisco bay.

5. Look straight in the window, try not look below, pretend I'm not up here, I try counting sheep...

6. Blue morning, blue morning, wrapped in strands of fist and bone. Curiosity, kitten, doesn't have to mean you're on your own

7. Broke into the old apartment, this is where we used to live.

8. Well, I'm running down the road, tryin to loosen my load. I've got seven women on my mind.

9. Raised on songs and stories, heroes of renown; the passing tales and glories that once was Dublin Town.

10. Up and down that lonely road of faith, I have been there, unprepared for the storms and the tides that rise.

11. Trailer for sale or rent. Rooms to let...fifty cents. No phone, no pool, no pets; I ain't got no cigarettes.

12. I was cutting the rug down at a place called the jug, with a girl named linda lu, when in walked a man with a gun in his hand, and he was looking for you know who.

13. I walk the streets of Japan till I get lost cause it doesn't remind me of anything.

14. When Im stable long enough, I start to look around for love. See a sweet and floral print, my mind begins the arrangements.

15. I was bruised and battered and I couldnt tell what I felt. I was unrecognizable to myself.

16. Shout, Shout, Let it all out. These are the things I can do without.

17. She packed my bags last night pre-flight, zero hour nine a.m. and i'm gonna be high as a kite by then.

18. I'm so happy. Cause today I found my friends; they're in my head. I'm so ugly. But that's ok 'cause so are you.

19. I wanted you to know that I love the way you laugh. I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away.

20. I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing.

21. There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the theif.

22. Well life on the farm is kinda laid back. Ain't much an old country boy like me cant hack.

23. Do you not hear me anymore? I know its not your thing to care. I know its cool to be so bored.

24. End of passion play, crumbling away, I'm your source of self-destruction. Veins that pump with fear, sucking darkest clear, leading on your deaths construction.

25. It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection. That makes you feel I'll convey some inner truth or vast reflection.

13. Audioslave - Doesn't Remind Me

18. Nirvana - Lithium

20 Tool - schism

21 All Along the Watchtower - Jimi or Bob Dylan?

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

1. STP- dead and bloaded

13. Audioslave -doesnt remind me

16. either disturbed or tears for fears- shout

18. nirvana- lithium

19. Seether and amy lee- broken

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    1. STP- dead and bloaded

13. Audioslave -doesnt remind me

16. either disturbed or tears for fears- shout

18. nirvana- lithium

19. Seether and amy lee- broken

I thought #1 was STP- Core?

EDIT: Riiiiiggghhttt.... Core is the album. It's been awhile since I've listened to some STP... may have to dust those CDs off.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

11. Roger Miller - King of the Road

12. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme Three Steps

duvaldomo is offline Coach

2. Oh me, Nirvana

only one I know

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't know any of these.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

8.) Take it Easy - Eagles

15.) Streets of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen

16.) Shout - Tears for Fears

22.) Thank God I'm a Country Boy - John Denver

25.) Hook -
    Blues Traveler
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Looks like C Mac D and jessejames09 are tied for the lead with 4 a piece. Eleven left to figure out.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

The only one I think I might know of those remaining is number 17- Rocket Man by Elton John.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast