sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Piston's laid the Smackdown....

Looks like old-school defense toasted the hollywood glitter, it's nice to see the laker's get taken down a notch, they deserve it. The only thing I'm a little worried about is thinking what Detriot's capable of, if their B-Ball team can win a championship, than why can't their Football team not suck? Let's hope this doesn't happen!
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah things are turning around for Detroit...the Tigers don't completely suck anymore, the Lions had an awesome draft, and the Pistons win the NBA championship...but I figure those people have suffered enough.

But I think the Detroit Lions are not yet a playoff team. They still lack a strong o-line. Bringing Damien Woody helps but we'll have to see this season if the line has really improved any. Charles Rogers has apparently been doing very well in workouts. Kevin Jones is working to improve his speed even more.

Their defense looks better this year on paper, they brought in a couple new guys in the secondary they hope will avoid giving up big plays and drafted a good LB in the second round. Not sure yet how it will all work out for them...after all our D looked a lot better on paper last year and ended up struggling.

They will probably be a playoff team in 2005 but this year they will improve to .500
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Yeah things are turning around for Detroit...the Tigers don't completely suck anymore, the Lions had an awesome draft, and the Pistons win the NBA championship...but I figure those people have suffered enough.

But I think the Detroit Lions are not yet a playoff team. They still lack a strong o-line. Bringing Damien Woody helps but we'll have to see this season if the line has really improved any. Charles Rogers has apparently been doing very well in workouts. Kevin Jones is working to improve his speed even more.

Their defense looks better this year on paper, they brought in a couple new guys in the secondary they hope will avoid giving up big plays and drafted a good LB in the second round. Not sure yet how it will all work out for them...after all our D looked a lot better on paper last year and ended up struggling.

They will probably be a playoff team in 2005 but this year they will improve to .500
    The Lions will be a playoff team in 2005. They have had 2 great drafts, and only need one more year to get it together. They will probably be somewhere around 8-8 this year, and next year they will be in the playoffs.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

I am still in shock i mean i wanted the pistons to take it since the T-Wolves werent in it i hate the lakers cause there cocky and they buy their championships. So congrats to the Pistons: Wallace,Sheed, and Mr. Billups hopefully next yr it will be us celebrating! but for now eat it up detriot cuz the tigers and the Lions wont be bringing home championships not anytime soon. :tongue:
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Winning a championship in one league for a city doesn't carry over to another league!! Sorry! Lions, will be playoffless again as well as the Tigers and the red wings, they are the biggest choke artists. I compare them to the Braves. Dominant for so long in the regular season, and they always come up short in the playoffs!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! this makes me soooooo happy, almost as happy as if it had been the Wolves winning it all. I'm just extremely glad that the fakers didn't take it all. They went into the playoffs thinking it was a sure bet. They are toast next year though. It doesn't sound like many of team will be around. There is talking of Kobe leaving and of Phil Jackson leaving, Malone and GP definately need to retire. They are going to be in a rebuilding phase I think.

hovanfan is offline Training Camp

I'm glad that the Pistons won the Finals, cuz Kobe finally knows what it feels like to lose a game what he wanted to win, and he will probly rape another girl this summer.
    Go Vikes!

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Thank God! The last thing I wanted to see was the "over-the-hill" duo of Malone and Payton getting rings--riding on the coattails of Kobe and Shaq. I made a "Kobe Sucks" t-shirt on my printer with one of those T-shirt transfers and wore it around LA on the day of game 5. To my surprise, so many people loved the shirt and asked where they could get one! I guess I am among Laker-haters in LA. Just goes to show you the level of team spirit in this town!!
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

silvermane is offline Rookie

wow...never thought i'd find a pistons thread on a vikings website! this series was so awesome...i have all five games on tape and i will watch them again from time to time until the next pistons championship!

have you guys been following the collapse of the lakers dynasty? phil jackson steps down, kobe opting out of his contract, and shaq wanting to be traded...they could be in bad shape next year. good...they had their time in the sun.