Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pilonidal cyst

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

pilonidal cyst

pilonidal cyst... it's a serious pain in the arse!!

I started feeling something on my tailbone a few years ago after being tripped in a hockey game and landed on my tailbone. It hurt for days.. but xrays show'd it wasn't broken.

since then i have always had a small bump on my tailbone. but it never really got big or sore.
    last tuesday that changed..

by thursday nite it felt like i had a golfball on my tailbone. friday nite i went into the emregency room near my house here in athens. they told me i had a pilonidal cyst. and that it would need to be fixed. They gave me anti biotics and some anti-flamatory pills and said to come back if it didn't reduce down. Xmass eve i was back in.

they cut me open a bit and drained it out, and said that in 3 days if they kept growing i'd hvae the surgery. spent those 2 days after in some serious pain (u know u flex yer cheeks when u caugh, sneeze, drink, eat.. pretty much all day long!!) well tuesday nite i went in.. wednesday i had an operation.. a cyst the size of a tennis ball came out.. i'm not jokin.. it was huge..
    they also took off a small cyst i had on my head.. i was released yesterday nite and will be not going to work for another 10 days. sleeping and laying on my side.. (as i type this i am standing infront of my pc.. not sitting!!!!!)
    my gf is cleaning up the bandages and gauzes and i'm on lots of pills for the next week.. i'm ok and healing.. but have one serious pain in the arse..

i was wondering if anyone else had this b4.. and how they went through it.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: pilonidal cyst

I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you....

Caine

trust me..

i've heard 1000's of comments so far..

my gf had the best.. while she was playing NFS Carbon she looked over her shoulder and said.. "Hun.. look your like my new car.. u have dual exhaust"

i laughed so hard i hurt myself!!

as eveyone knows laughter is the best medicine.. so if u got a good comment.. lets hear it.. not much can really make it worse then what i had 2 do @ the hospital.. course i could tell u the story of the taxi ride to the hospital where one of the incisions they made earlier broke in the cab..

but u
    better not be eating when u read that one.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

...and no pictures? lol
    Damn, I think Rumsfeld had the same thing going on...but never had the operation.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

u really want a pic?
    i have one of the tube that is draining the blood and fluids.. + the umteen stitches that start at the top of crack and go a few inches form the.. normal exit hole..
    ???
    :-[
    :-X
    :'(

???
    >
    :-\
    :'(
    just didn't think anyone wanted to loose their breakfast/lunch cause they viewed a ppo thread..

DiGiTaL

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I dont know whats worst, the fact that you had a tennis ball size cyst on your tailbone or the fact that hospitals are doing surgeries like you are at a mcdonalds drive through. you had a cyst removed from your head and your tailbone at the same time? what the hek is that all about?

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"digital420" wrote:

I started feeling something on my tailbone a few years ago after being tripped in a hockey game and landed on my tailbone. It hurt for days.. but xrays show'd it wasn't broken.

since then i have always had a small bump on my tailbone. but it never really got big or sore.

by thursday nite it felt like i had a golfball on my tailbone. friday nite i went into the emregency room near my house here in athens. they told me i had a pilonidal cyst. and that it would need to be fixed. They gave me anti biotics and some anti-flamatory pills and said to come back if it didn't reduce down. Xmass eve i was back in.

they cut me open a bit and drained it out, and said that in 3 days if they kept growing i'd hvae the surgery. spent those 2 days after in some serious pain (u know u flex yer cheeks when u caugh, sneeze, drink, eat.. pretty much all day long!!) well tuesday nite i went in.. wednesday i had an operation.. a cyst the size of a tennis ball came out.. i'm not jokin.. it was huge..
    they also took off a small cyst i had on my head.. i was released yesterday nite and will be not going to work for another 10 days. sleeping and laying on my side.. (as i type this i am standing infront of my pc.. not sitting!!!!!)
    my gf is cleaning up the bandages and gauzes and i'm on lots of pills for the next week.. i'm ok and healing.. but have one serious pain in the arse..

DiGiTaL

Well, at least you found a keeper! It's times like this that you find out if they really love ya.

Get well soon.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune.

It is refreshing, in a strange kind of way, that someone besides Ned has a medical problem!

The worst of it is behind you!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Good luck! Hope you heal quickly.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"digital420" wrote:

they also took off a small cyst i had on my head..
    i was released yesterday nite and will be not going to work for another 10 days. sleeping and laying on my side.. (as i type this i am standing infront of my pc.. not sitting!!!!!)

DiGiTaL

Your head wasn't up your arse was it?!? Then it
    would have been cranial rectal inversion....

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Digital sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation and I hope you are up and about real soon.

A good friend had a cyst behind his ear drum and one behind nose and he had to have them removed, so they peeled his face from one side far enough to go behind his nose and remove that one (bigger than a golf ball) and the one behind the ear at the same time.

He ended up losing the hearing in that ear but his face looks normal and the scaring is pretty minimal.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast