Thread: Phoenix Coyotes

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Phoenix Coyotes

I am trying to get into hockey now that I have an NHL team where I live. Any hockey fans have an opinion on all these trades?

COYOTES MAKE SEVEN TRADES BEFORE DEADLINE
    http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=520094

peterson-rox28 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Phoenix Coyotes

I'm a pretty big time hockey fan and i can tell you that some of those trades were good but others were garbage. The Wolski trade was a steal but some of the others were very questionable. Also they won't be the Phoenix Coyotes for very long.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Good luck getting into hockey mars. It's not something you can force yourself into...I've tried several times.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

The only true way to get into hockey is to go to an event, and get above average tickets. Once you have actually seen it live, then you will get way more into it. It is not the best game on tv because it is so fast and the puck can be hard to handle. I love it on TV, but that is because I grew up watching it.

Try watching some of the washington or pittsburgh games. Right now, they are the two most exciting teams in the league.
    We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

gregair13 wrote:
    The only true way to get into hockey is to go to an event, and get above average tickets. Once you have actually seen it live, then you will get way more into it. It is not the best game on tv because it is so fast and the puck can be hard to handle. I love it on TV, but that is because I grew up watching it.

Try watching some of the washington or pittsburgh games. Right now, they are the two most exciting teams in the league.
    HD improves hockey on TV probably more than any other sport, IMHO. The added ice on the sides is fabulous, and the resolution allows you to follow the puck a lot easier.

And I don't think "above average" tickets are a necessity. I'll sit any place at the X and enjoy the game. Maybe because it's such an awesome arena.

Too bad Washington and/or Pittsburgh will get mauled by whoever comes out of the West. The Western Conference is vastly superior to the Eastern this season.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

HD improves hockey on TV probably more than any other sport, IMHO. The added ice on the sides is fabulous, and the resolution allows you to follow the puck a lot easier.

And I don't think "above average" tickets are a necessity. I'll sit any place at the X and enjoy the game. Maybe because it's such an awesome arena.

Too bad Washington and/or Pittsburgh will get mauled by whoever comes out of the West. The Western Conference is vastly superior to the Eastern this season.

=Z=
    Yes HD is awesome. It makes the game so much better. I sometimes switch to regular tv just to see the difference, and it is huge.

By above average I pretty much meant not in the 3rd deck. Not sure what that arena is like, but at Rexall, the 3rd level is the most drunken part of the arena, and it is pretty high up. Anything in the second level is awesome, and the lower bowl here is pretty pricey.

There are only 2 good teams in the west. Sharks and Blackhawks. Both of them have some major issues. Sharks best player does not show up in the playoffs and the hawks goalie is terrible. This year is all about Crosby vs Ovechkin in the east. They will thump whoever lucks their way out of the west.
    We're bringing purple back.