Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Phil Jackson, coach of the lakers again!

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    If Phil can coach this team to the Conference Finals with the players he has, then he is truly the greatest NBA coach ever.

Won't happen though.

We don't know the players phil has yet. There is still FA, the draft and they are going to be making some trades as well. I am hearing that they are close to a trade with indy for jonathon bender and indy's #17 pick. LA might try and move up with the #17 and #10. It would be awesome if they could get to #3 and get chris paul, but felton would be fine with me.
    I ssid with the players he has.

Yes, obviously they will draft some. But, few make huge impacts their rookie year. And if they don't sign a big free agent. I guess I should've added that too.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    If Phil can coach this team to the Conference Finals with the players he has, then he is truly the greatest NBA coach ever.

Won't happen though.

We don't know the players phil has yet. There is still FA, the draft and they are going to be making some trades as well. I am hearing that they are close to a trade with indy for jonathon bender and indy's #17 pick. LA might try and move up with the #17 and #10. It would be awesome if they could get to #3 and get chris paul, but felton would be fine with me.

Yes, obviously they will draft some. But, few make huge impacts their rookie year. And if they don't sign a big free agent. I guess I should've added that too.

Your forgetting trades, because from what I am hearing, from a great LA source, they will make at least 2 big trades this offseason.

And felton is a rookie who will make a big impact for whichever team gets him IMO. He has all the tools to be a big time NBA PG. He is the fastest player in the draft, with the ball, can play shut down D, can get the ball to the rim at will, pusshes the ball on made or missed shots, and has a very good jump shot. If LA gets him, he will start and be a huge impact to their team next year IMO. Boozer and bender will also be big additions as well, if those trades do indeed happen.

Trust me, phil wouldn't have taken this job, without knowing some big moves, to improve the team, were about to happen(other than their #10 pick). It will have to be in trades though, because they have absolutely no # to spend this year.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Well considering Jackson ripped the hell out of Kobe in his book, and that team is loaded with a bunch of 2nd stringers. I highly doubt him being there will do anything.

If he can unload a few players he would be better off, but who are you going to get in return? Lamar Odom is a waste of space I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

I think this move was just because Phil is whooped, his nuts are in a jar on the shelf. The west is a powerhouse, the Lakers still need a lot of work, and Phil likes to let someone else do the work and then lead them to victory. So I don't see this move as anything special.

To me phil taking the lakers job is a sign that the team is making some moves behind to scenes to significantly change the makeup of this team. Phil doesn't like rebuilding and IMo would only take this job if they made some moves to get the talent better on the team.

I have heard some rumors that LA is again in the market for carlos boozer, from utah. They tried hard to get him before the trade deadline last year, but failed because they were also pushing hard for barron davis. It sounds like they want to somehow get boozer and keep odom, so boozer can play the 4 and they can move odom to SF. Odom doesn't matchup well against the PF's of the west and would be very tough for SF's to handle. I think they somehow get boozewr, but I think they might even be willing to give up odom for him, but only if they have to. Caron Butler, who had an up and down year last year is out there and has some teams interested in him.

I have also heard that LA is trying to get jonathon bender, who I wouldn't mind either. Also it sounds like LA is trying to either move up in the first round(probably to get my boy raymond felton), or are trying to get 2 firsts just to get 2 good players.

Don't be suprised to see this LA team change significantly before the start of the season, and phil will have some say in the changes now too. He!!, if LA can get boozer and give up butler and a couple other scrubs, and get felton in the draft, I think they definitely have the talent to be a playoff team and a decent one at that. Felton at PG, kobe at SG, odom at SF, boozer at PF and mihm at C is a pretty d@mn good starting lineup, with cook, walton, chucky and george off the bench.

But this signing of phil really tells me that LA plans to make some major moves to improve this team.

Even if they don't, remember before rudy left the team, they had a decent record and were around 6th in the west(kobe, odom and butler missed a lot of games too), so even if they stay the same, along with a felton or may at 10, they are a playoff team to me with phil as their coach. Probably not much of a force though once their in the playoffs.
    Is raymond felton supposed to be the #1 overall pick?

If so I would think sean may would be 1st.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Is raymond felton supposed to be the #1 overall pick?

If so I would think sean may would be 1st.

No. Bogut is probably gonna be #1 with marvin williams #2(or #1 if bogut isn't taken). Then chris paul will go #3 forsure. Felton is gonna go anywhere from 5-12 and may isn't being projected until mid first round, around 15 or so.

The knock on may is his weight and short arms. He was able to dominate college ball by using his weight, but many scouts doing think he will be able to do that in the NBA. His short arms also are scaring teams away. They don't think he will be as big of a rebounder in the NBA either. Personally I think that is all crap and that he will be a definite 15 and 10 guy at the worst, in the NBA.

I am confused what is making felton drop to 7-10. He isn't bad at anything and is good to great at everything. He is the fastest player in the draft and is a great on ball defender. For some reason deron williams is being rated ahead of felton and that is crap to me. Williams is slow as he!! and will get eaten alive trying to defend other PG's in the NBA. It is his slowness on D and on pushing the ball, that has him below felton in my book.

I think it is what williams did on offense at ill that has him going ahead of felton, but williams was asked to be more of a scorer in ill, compared to felton at UNC. Felton wasn't asked to score 20 points ever and was basically asked to dish the ball most of the time, to may, mccants, and marvin williams. I think felton's offensive game, as far as scoring, is being underrated. He is a great shooter and can get the ball to the rim whenever he wants to. He is the guy I hope LA can somehow get on draft day, either at 10 or by moving up. They do also have 2 early 2nd rounders that they might use to move up.

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Won't happen though.

Your forgetting trades, because from what I am hearing, from a great LA source, they will make at least 2 big trades this offseason.

And felton is a rookie who will make a big impact for whichever team gets him IMO. He has all the tools to be a big time NBA PG. He is the fastest player in the draft, with the ball, can play shut down D, can get the ball to the rim at will, pusshes the ball on made or missed shots, and has a very good jump shot. If LA gets him, he will start and be a huge impact to their team next year IMO. Boozer and bender will also be big additions as well, if those trades do indeed happen.

Trust me, phil wouldn't have taken this job, without knowing some big moves, to improve the team, were about to happen(other than their #10 pick). It will have to be in trades though, because they have absolutely no # to spend this year.
    Nevermind. You missed the point.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Won't happen though.

I tend to do that a lot and it is pointless to try and explain also. :grin:

Oh well. Phil was a great signing and points that they are planning on making some big moves to change this team. They will be a playoff team forsure and battle for the championship after this upcoming season.

Also, lets not forget, there might not even be a d@mn season thanks to stupid david stern. God I hate that guy! Hockey isn't missed by me at all, but basketball would suck without, even though I like college ball way better.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

OK, I got it now.

I'm the guy who hears a joke and finally 1 hour later when he is doing something, all of a sudden starts laughing cause he finally gets it. :grin:

I won't have to worry about that, because half of the players phil currently has, won't be lakers during the season.

Felton, boozer(not trading odom for him), and LA will have a very very tough team next year.

I was just saying that if they do not get any really good players via trade or FA and he takes the team to the Conf. Finals, then he will no doubt be the best ever.

Don't get me wrong, Phil is good. But, he had Mike then Shaq and Kobe.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I was just saying that if they do not get any really good players via trade or FA and he takes the team to the Conf. Finals, then he will no doubt be the best ever.

Don't get me wrong, Phil is good. But, he had Mike then Shaq and Kobe.
    And Auerbach had Russell and the rest of the Celtic team together with NO defections (pre-FA)...And Pop has Duncan...and Rudy T had Hakeem. We could go on and on...but everyone seems just to wanna bash on Phil...remember, he got hired for a reason and he has the rings to prove that he wasn't a fluke...just like Joe Torre...they both know how to take care of business and have the rings to prove it!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast