Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Phil Jackson, coach of the lakers again!

Im glad the lake-show signed him back up again. After this season you could tell how much the whole team was lost, especially bryant.

I know bryant dislikes jackson but i think he thrives big time in his system even if it is the triangle offense without the disiel.

Now if only Jackson can get the lake show back to the playoffs with a salary cap struck team. I mean brian grants contract is 14.5 million and he averages 3. something points a game. :roll: wish we can trade his ass.

Well anyway, got this funny post off another messageboard between jackson and o'neal who stated he only wanted to play under phil jackson and no one else.

Intercepted telephone conversation between Shaq and Phil:

Phil's phone rings!!!

Phil: Hello?

Shaq: Whaddup Mr. President!?!?

Phil: I'm sorry. Who's this?

Shaq: Guess who?

Phil: Uhm....Michael Jackson?

Shaq: No silly, it's the Daddy!!!

Phil: Dad...is that really you back from the dead?

Shaq: No silly, it's Shaq!!! I heard about your return to the Lakes, So the Big Aristotle just wanted to congratulate you.

Phil: Oh, hey Shaq. Thanks...uhm, but I got to gooh.......

Shaq: Wait, wait, don't you want to hear what I'm about tell you.

Phil: What's that?

Shaq: The Diesel wants to power your triangle offense again to another championship! I promise to give you your 10th ring!

Phil: Just like you promised that I will be the only coach you will play for?!?!

Shaq: No..No..No, you mis-understood Superman! I meant you will be the only coach I will play hard for. I kept my promise by missing games due to phantom injuries and not doing jack in the playoffs....hahahah!

Phil: Uhm...I don't know about you and Kobe co-existing.

Shaq: You're right. Mmmm.....(thinking), hey why don't we call Mitch and trade Kobe for Ray Allen?

Phil: What? Are you crazy?!?! Kobe's the GM of this team, and I'd like to see what he can do under my system without your fat @$$!!!

Shaq: (shocked) Did...did you just call me a fat @$$ or did the Daddy hear wrong?

Phil: You heard me right!!! I called you a fat @$$ you big fairy!!! (dial tone)

Shaq: Hello...hello...hello!!! Nooooooooo!!!!
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Del Rio Guest

Re: Phil Jackson, coach of the lakers again!

Well considering Jackson ripped the hell out of Kobe in his book, and that team is loaded with a bunch of 2nd stringers. I highly doubt him being there will do anything.

If he can unload a few players he would be better off, but who are you going to get in return? Lamar Odom is a waste of space I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

I think this move was just because Phil is whooped, his nuts are in a jar on the shelf. The west is a powerhouse, the Lakers still need a lot of work, and Phil likes to let someone else do the work and then lead them to victory. So I don't see this move as anything special.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

What was Phil thinking he is going to a team that has a selfish Kobe and a bunch of spare parts.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Not gonna help them win a championship! He would have been better off coaching a coachable player in Minnesota. A little guy named Kevin Garnett, maybe you've heard of him!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Not gonna help them win a championship! He would have been better off coaching a coachable player in Minnesota. A little guy named Kevin Garnett, maybe you've heard of him!!
    Well we could trade you brian grant, lamar odom and chucky atkins for garnett. The cap space should be about even and garnett would finally have someone good on his team other than elmer fud and some idiot who claims 7 million a year isint enough to feed his family. :lol:

Its still possible jackson could coach garnett. :twisted:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

makes too much money for the t-wolves to pay
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I'm so glad he is back with the lakers. he will help them become a better team. does anyone know how long he signed for?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Well considering Jackson ripped the hell out of Kobe in his book, and that team is loaded with a bunch of 2nd stringers. I highly doubt him being there will do anything.

If he can unload a few players he would be better off, but who are you going to get in return? Lamar Odom is a waste of space I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

I think this move was just because Phil is whooped, his nuts are in a jar on the shelf. The west is a powerhouse, the Lakers still need a lot of work, and Phil likes to let someone else do the work and then lead them to victory. So I don't see this move as anything special.

To me phil taking the lakers job is a sign that the team is making some moves behind to scenes to significantly change the makeup of this team. Phil doesn't like rebuilding and IMo would only take this job if they made some moves to get the talent better on the team.

I have heard some rumors that LA is again in the market for carlos boozer, from utah. They tried hard to get him before the trade deadline last year, but failed because they were also pushing hard for barron davis. It sounds like they want to somehow get boozer and keep odom, so boozer can play the 4 and they can move odom to SF. Odom doesn't matchup well against the PF's of the west and would be very tough for SF's to handle. I think they somehow get boozewr, but I think they might even be willing to give up odom for him, but only if they have to. Caron Butler, who had an up and down year last year is out there and has some teams interested in him.

I have also heard that LA is trying to get jonathon bender, who I wouldn't mind either. Also it sounds like LA is trying to either move up in the first round(probably to get my boy raymond felton), or are trying to get 2 firsts just to get 2 good players.

Don't be suprised to see this LA team change significantly before the start of the season, and phil will have some say in the changes now too. He!!, if LA can get boozer and give up butler and a couple other scrubs, and get felton in the draft, I think they definitely have the talent to be a playoff team and a decent one at that. Felton at PG, kobe at SG, odom at SF, boozer at PF and mihm at C is a pretty d@mn good starting lineup, with cook, walton, chucky and george off the bench.

But this signing of phil really tells me that LA plans to make some major moves to improve this team.

Even if they don't, remember before rudy left the team, they had a decent record and were around 6th in the west(kobe, odom and butler missed a lot of games too), so even if they stay the same, along with a felton or may at 10, they are a playoff team to me with phil as their coach. Probably not much of a force though once their in the playoffs.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

If Phil can coach this team to the Conference Finals with the players he has, then he is truly the greatest NBA coach ever.

Won't happen though.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    If Phil can coach this team to the Conference Finals with the players he has, then he is truly the greatest NBA coach ever.

Won't happen though.

We don't know the players phil has yet. There is still FA, the draft and they are going to be making some trades as well. I am hearing that they are close to a trade with indy for jonathon bender and indy's #17 pick. LA might try and move up with the #17 and #10. It would be awesome if they could get to #3 and get chris paul, but felton would be fine with me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast