Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Phew! Earth dodges near-miss

    Amazes me that they only discovered that damn thing 2 days out....

    So much for a few heros in a cobbled togher orbitor going out and slamming some nukes into it..... :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Phew! Earth dodges near-miss

    Well if I'm going to die from some sort of cosmic impact, I don't want to know it's coming.


    Thanks NASA!

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Phew! Earth dodges near-miss

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Amazes me that they only discovered that gol 'darnit thing 2 days out....

    So much for a few heros in a cobbled togher orbitor going out and slamming some nukes into it..... :'(
    President: We didn't see this thing coming?
    Dan: Well, our object collison budget's a million dollars. That allows us to track about 3% of the sky, and beg'n your pardon sir, but it's a big-ass sky.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Phew! Earth dodges near-miss

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Amazes me that they only discovered that gol 'darnit thing 2 days out....

    So much for a few heros in a cobbled togher orbitor going out and slamming some nukes into it..... :'(
    President: We didn't see this thing coming?
    Dan: Well, our object collison budget's a million dollars. That allows us to track about 3% of the sky, and beg'n your pardon sir, but it's a big-ass sky.
    I'm sure they've known about this longer than two days... just call it a hunch.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Phew! Earth dodges near-miss

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Amazes me that they only discovered that gol 'darnit thing 2 days out....

    So much for a few heros in a cobbled togher orbitor going out and slamming some nukes into it..... :'(
    President: We didn't see this thing coming?
    Dan: Well, our object collison budget's a million dollars. That allows us to track about 3% of the sky, and beg'n your pardon sir, but it's a big-jiggly butt sky.
    LOL, I just find it kindof funny.....I watched a movie this weekend (can't remember the name) on this very same thing.....

    Happen to stop on it cause of one of my galllllllsssssssss.....;D

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Phew! Earth dodges near-miss

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Amazes me that they only discovered that gol 'darnit thing 2 days out....

    So much for a few heros in a cobbled togher orbitor going out and slamming some nukes into it..... :'(
    President: We didn't see this thing coming?
    Dan: Well, our object collison budget's a million dollars. That allows us to track about 3% of the sky, and beg'n your pardon sir, but it's a big-ass sky.
    I'm sure they've known about this longer than two days... just call it a hunch.
    There are nerds in the dark parts of the country that consider suicide on a cloudy night because they can't draw a caveman while using a multi-million dollar telescope as they tweak their H-R diagrams.
    They knew, but, were probably too stoned to tell us about it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #17
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Phew! Earth dodges near-miss

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Amazes me that they only discovered that gol 'darnit thing 2 days out....

    So much for a few heros in a cobbled togher orbitor going out and slamming some nukes into it..... :'(
    President: We didn't see this thing coming?
    Dan: Well, our object collison budget's a million dollars. That allows us to track about 3% of the sky, and beg'n your pardon sir, but it's a big-ass sky.
    I'm sure they've known about this longer than two days... just call it a hunch.
    There are nerds in the dark parts of the country that consider suicide on a cloudy night because they can't draw a caveman while using a multi-million dollar telescope as they tweak their H-R diagrams.
    They knew, but, were probably too stoned to tell us about it.
    If I saw a big asteroid headed our direction, I'd start puffin' too.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #18
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Phew! Earth dodges near-miss

    Am I the only one who read the title of this thread and instantly thought it was a C Mac D thread?

  9. #19
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Phew! Earth dodges near-miss

    "C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Amazes me that they only discovered that gol 'darnit thing 2 days out....

    So much for a few heros in a cobbled togher orbitor going out and slamming some nukes into it..... :'(
    President: We didn't see this thing coming?
    Dan: Well, our object collison budget's a million dollars. That allows us to track about 3% of the sky, and beg'n your pardon sir, but it's a big-jiggly butt sky.
    I'm sure they've known about this longer than two days... just call it a hunch.
    There are nerds in the dark parts of the country that consider suicide on a cloudy night because they can't draw a caveman while using a multi-million dollar telescope as they tweak their H-R diagrams.
    They knew, but, were probably too stoned to tell us about it.
    If I saw a big asteroid headed our direction, I'd start puffin' too.
    Is that all it takes? An astroid flying by? LOL. How about a shooting star? Or in NYC, even seeing a star?
    Or maybe because it's Thursday.
    I suspect most herbaceous folk don't need an asteroid for a reason to toke. Just a lighter,or match.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Phew! Earth dodges near-miss

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50830.msg917582#msg917582 date=1236190828]
    Amazes me that they only discovered that gol 'darnit thing 2 days out....

    So much for a few heros in a cobbled togher orbitor going out and slamming some nukes into it..... :'(
    President: We didn't see this thing coming?
    Dan: Well, our object collison budget's a million dollars. That allows us to track about 3% of the sky, and beg'n your pardon sir, but it's a big-jiggly butt sky.
    I'm sure they've known about this longer than two days... just call it a hunch.
    There are nerds in the dark parts of the country that consider suicide on a cloudy night because they can't draw a caveman while using a multi-million dollar telescope as they tweak their H-R diagrams.
    They knew, but, were probably too stoned to tell us about it.
    If I saw a big asteroid headed our direction, I'd start puffin' too.
    Is that all it takes? An astroid flying by? LOL. How about a shooting star? Or in NYC, even seeing a star?
    Or maybe because it's Thursday.
    I suspect most herbaceous folk don't need an asteroid for a reason to toke. Just a lighter,or match.

    [/quote]
    I know of a yutz that back in the day, all he needed to do was wake up........

    Course then he grew up and got responsibilities......;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Everyone on Earth....
    By Jereamiah in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 03:05 PM
  2. MOVED: Everyone on Earth....
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 05:20 PM
  3. Miss Michigan Crowned Miss America
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 10:02 PM
  4. Earth #2!
    By Billy Boy in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 01:48 PM
  5. Miss Nevada scandal trumps Miss America
    By Prophet in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 03:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •