Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

PGA Championship Hazeltine

I'm going on Sunday with my dad and brothers, just wondering if anyone else is going or if anyone has went in the past. Any tips or advice on strategy would be appreciated.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: PGA Championship Hazeltine

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I'm going on Sunday with my dad and brothers, just wondering if anyone else is going or if anyone has went in the past. Any tips or advice on strategy would be appreciated.
    Just leave the cellphone in the car, that's the biggie.
    If you try to get in with it, you'll either have to check it or take it back to the car.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I was gonna ask if anyone was going to this. I'm not a golf fan but Tiger is just one of those athletes I'd like to watch in person at some point. Won't be happening this year though...
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Tad7" wrote:
    I was gonna ask if anyone was going to this. I'm not a golf fan but Tiger is just one of those athletes I'd like to watch in person at some point. Won't be happening this year though...
    I used to laugh at people that would go to golf tournaments as spectators, but Tiger has changed that. Every time he plays there is a chance you will see something amazing, a good chance. I'll be rooting for Tiger, and hoping to get a glimpse of his hot wife. I'll probably never go to another golf tournament in my life, but like you wanted to see Tiger live once in my life.

Shortly after moving from MN to PHX in '98 I went to the then Phoenix Open and got to follow Tiger as he made his way around the course.
    I can tell you that if you like golf, or have ever swung a club you owe it to yourself to see this guy hit a ball or two.
    It is simply amazing..........

When I saw him he was still a skinny young man, but when he makes contact with the ball it makes a sound like nothing else.
    Not to mention he hits a 4 iron as high or higher than most people can hit a PW.

"slavinator" wrote:
    Shortly after moving from MN to PHX in '98 I went to the then Phoenix Open and got to follow Tiger as he made his way around the course.
    I can tell you that if you like golf, or have ever swung a club you owe it to yourself to see this guy hit a ball or two.
    It is simply amazing..........

When I saw him he was still a skinny young man, but when he makes contact with the ball it makes a sound like nothing else.
    Not to mention he hits a 4 iron as high or higher than most people can hit a PW.
    Ah I can't wait. I would love to follow Tiger around all day but from what I've read your better off finding a good spot with views of a couple different holes and camping out. I heard they were expecting about fifty thousand spectators each day, probably more on Sunday.
    Did you see the shot on Sunday, 180 yards with an 8iron to within 1 foot, wowwy. I would love to see a shot like that.

I did see that shot.......

You are also exactly right get a spot where you can see a tee box and a fairway or green.
    It is just crazy to see all the golfers come through and compare how Tiger plays the same stretch.
    You will certainly enjoy every minute. Enjoy!

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Tiger down 1 stroke on hole 16..this is gonna be exciting
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Wow.
    I never thought I'd see the day.

Pretty bad day for me, sports-wise.
    Between Tiger and the Twins - ugh.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Sunday was awesome. I got to see the greatest clutch performer of all time choke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast