Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Peter Gammons suffers brain aneurysm, in surgery

Good luck Peter with the recovery!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2502295

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Peter Gammons suffers brain aneurysm, in surgery

Wow that is sad. I always have loved Peter Gammons because we went to the same high school.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Sad, sad news.. I really like him.. He is a class act, and always delivers the news right away.. Hope he pulls through this.. We will be praying for you..

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I really enjoy his columns and listening to him on Baseball Tonight and he always has great insight even though he is a Red Sox fan.

Wish him nothing but the best in his recovery from this terrible situation.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Hope he recovers quickly, I enjoy his insights

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I hope he recovers...brain anu's suck...my dad died from one

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

those are pretty serious considering I think Kirby and his friend Al Newman had that and almost died. I really hope he makes it through the whole thing

Formerly Viking24

Prophet Guest

I hope he recovers, sad news.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

in 1996 i had a brain aneurysm.. it bled they say for a little over a few seconds. The bleed was located in between the hemisphere's in the frontal lobe and it spidered out filling the space in a 18 mm span. then it resealed. I still have the mri photo's showing the dark spiderweb..

2 be honest, i was using a lot of chemical substances before. but had stopped months before thanx to a lot of community (very close friends) help. The Dr said that every1 has a % chance of having one and there is no real set pattern to predict them.

without getting into a lot of the situation.. i can tell you this. Nothing changed my life faster, the Dr that calmed me down comming out of the MRI (i gained conciousness in the MRI) told me that i had just won 2 lotteries. they spent 2 hours testing my reflexes, mind, concious state and ect. then they tried to put me into a post surgery intensive care. I didn't want it and got my brother to sign me out of the hospital. just had to leave....

it's a really painful experience for as long as you keep conciousness.. and some of the memories i have from it still scare the !^#%$% outta me. but since that day. i have lived every moment i can including selling off and giveing away everything i had and leaving the states to tour the world. (which i'm still doing from over here).

here's the wierd part of it. I was 26.. i was admitted into the hospital on dec 26th 10:51 am.. i last remember seeing white light flahing in my eyes and trying to reach a phone after returning from a xmass party on the 25th. my brother found me in the hallway when he returned around 9 something am.

my hopes are that he recovers with full abilities and no permenent loss.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Prophet Guest

"digital420" wrote:
    in 1996 i had a brain aneurysm.. it bled they say for a little over a few seconds. The bleed was located in between the hemisphere's in the frontal lobe and it spidered out filling the space in a 18 mm span. then it resealed. I still have the mri photo's showing the dark spiderweb..

2 be honest, i was using a lot of chemical substances before. but had stopped months before thanx to a lot of community (very close friends) help. The Dr said that every1 has a % chance of having one and there is no real set pattern to predict them.

without getting into a lot of the situation.. i can tell you this. Nothing changed my life faster, the Dr that calmed me down comming out of the MRI (i gained conciousness in the MRI) told me that i had just won 2 lotteries. they spent 2 hours testing my reflexes, mind, concious state and ect. then they tried to put me into a post surgery intensive care. I didn't want it and got my brother to sign me out of the hospital. just had to leave....

it's a really painful experience for as long as you keep conciousness.. and some of the memories i have from it still scare the !^#%$% outta me. but since that day. i have lived every moment i can including selling off and giveing away everything i had and leaving the states to tour the world. (which i'm still doing from over here).

here's the wierd part of it. I was 26.. i was admitted into the hospital on dec 26th 10:51 am.. i last remember seeing white light flahing in my eyes and trying to reach a phone after returning from a xmass party on the 25th. my brother found me in the hallway when he returned around 9 something am.

my hopes are that he recovers with full abilities and no permenent loss.

DiGiTaL
    Wow. I'm glad you're doing well. Live life to its fullest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast