Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Permanent Viking Fans

How long have you realized what was going on and havent jumped ship? being born into it doesnt count,
    nobody knows whats going on when they first pop out.

me: 21 years

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Permanent Viking Fans

Lets see I first became interested in watching football when I was 7 so that makes about 13 years of vikinghood.
    Seasons go by so fast.
    Wrote a book about it too in elementary school when I saw Randy Moss on TV and began to sway me even more to purple n gold despite livin in philly.
    Pops said he'd send it to Moss but neva happened lol.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

When I was 10 Alan Page came to our school and talked about working hard in school, Either 79-80, After that I was much more into NFL and more specifically the Vikings, Sad because now my 11yr old can name our 2nd stringers, and where a lot went to college (Makes me proud)

Around 30yrs,

MAN I'm old
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

i had a friend move to davenport from Pipestone Minnesota. i was in the third grade and would go to his house a lot and his family would always be talking about the vikings and watching the games. so i kinda got hooked. the rest of my family is devout bears fans and they all hate me for bleeding the purple and gold. my first favorite player was Chris Hovan Defensive tackle #99. i was really upset when they got rid of him. so i've been a vikings fan for about 10 years now.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I honestly do not buy the "Vikings fan from birth" thingy.
    How many of us were rooting for the team while crapping our diapers?

I realized what football was in 1980.
    I watched the Super Bowl that year and my grandma had a "00" bobble-head that I loved.
    I saw the Vikings on TV, so I was a Viking fan....and a Kramer crotch sniffer!

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I honestly do not buy the "Vikings fan from birth" thingy.
    How many of us were rooting for the team while crapping our diapers?

I realized what football was in 1980.
    I watched the Super Bowl that year and my grandma had a "00" bobble-head that I loved.
    I saw the Vikings on TV, so I was a Viking fan....and a Kramer crotch sniffer!
    I'm sorry you don't buy into it... while I'm sure it wasn't the moment of birth, I've been a Vikings fan longer than I can remember... both my dad and step-dad were Vikings fans so I'm sure I was cheering on the team before I was even able to cheer.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I can't tell you when I became a Vikings fan.

Do I remember my first little Vikings Bib?
    Nope, but someone bought me one and it got wore out.

Do I remember my first Vikings hat?
    Nope, wore that one out as well.

Do I remember my first Vikings shirt?
    Nope.
    Wore that out also.
    Do I remember the first Vikings player I tried to emulate on the field, yes, Joey.

I can tell you this, though, its been a big part of my life since I was born (1961) and most of my early family memories, much like the holidays (Christmas, Easter etc) are centered around a Vikings game, most of which I remember watching in my Uncle Joels basement/man cave throughout the early 60's and 70's.

Buy into it or not, but I've been a Vikings fan since birth and so has my son by the way.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    How long have you realized what was going on and havent jumped ship? being born into it doesnt count,
    nobody knows whats going on when they first pop out.

me: 21 years
    At least 34 years, since the 1976 Super Bowl season.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Since the mid-'70's.
    My parents weren't really into sports and my dad is more of a fair weather fan anyway. I became interested in the Vikings after hearing the older girls in my ballet school go on and on about a really cute Viking QB they referred to as "Franny".( I asked for clarification on that. LOL)
    In any case, I had to check out this "cute" QB out by watching a game and I've been hooked ever since.
    P.S. I never could see what those girls were talking about. Tarkenton, cute?! LOL ;D

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Get ready to laugh at me.

Lol I use to be a hardcore rams fan until madden 2005 when I played with the vikings n discovered moss culpepper and Bennett. They where so good n fast I decided to watch them on tv n fell n love. I went to both redskins games the Vikings played at fed ex field, and fell in love more. Now I'm an even more hardcore Vikings fan and will be forever. And no madden will not make me get a new team, it just opened my eyes to the purple power

SKOL!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast