Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Peaceful Religion "Strikes" Again

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    The point I was making has nothing to do with other religions. I know that more wars in history were started by Christians than any other things. And the inquision was terrible.
    What I'm saying here is that so many people are trying to convenience us that their religion is such a "peaceful" religion when it seems just the opposite to anyone who watches the news.
    Did you ever think that's because the media doesn't believe it to be "news-worthy" to show humble Muslims going about their daily lives peacefully?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    The point I was making has nothing to do with other religions. I know that more wars in history were started by Christians than any other things. And the inquision was terrible.
    What I'm saying here is that so many people are trying to convenience us that their religion is such a "peaceful" religion when it seems just the opposite to anyone who watches the news.
    I'm afraid I still don't see how this is a different point. Your thread title suggests that religion causes violence. By implication, it could also cause peace. Many of us have written to disagree with that way of thinking. I don't see how this clarification changes the crux of the debate. But maybe I'm missing something.
    Religions just further breakdown and categorize humanity into different factions and are open to be interpreted differently. Some people interpret them far to extreme and this causes these wars and violence. It's true throughout the history of mankind.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Did you ever think that's because the media doesn't believe it to be "news-worthy" to show humble Muslims going about their daily lives peacefully?

=Z=
    Extremists in anything are dangerous types.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Extremists in anything are dangerous types.
    Religion is just the excuse used by these Evil people for justifying their lust for power.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Saying that the religion strikes again implies that just because those who carried out the act are Muslim, that all muslims must act the same way.

That is a broad generalization, my friend.

By the same logic, since Timothy McVeigh was a devout Catholic, all Catholics are mad bombers?

Nope.

Flawed logic yields flawed results.
    -Sno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12