Thread: paxil..........

zimtwister is offline Coach

paxil..........

i heard the withdrawls are horrific....i have been on it for 5 years and am quiting it next week. any info
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Del Rio Guest

Re: paxil..........

My Junior year of college I was having very bad chest pains. They did all these tests on my heart and decided I was suffering from stress, so they put me on Paxil.

The side effects made me feel worse while I was on it. So I stopped after like two months. I had no problems but you have been on it five years I imagine your experience could be harder.

i was put on it for insomnia.

bama_viking is offline Rookie

Found this site googling "paxil withdrawal"

http://www.paxilprogress.org/withdraw.php

Hope it helps. I'm a seasoned Pharmacutical Veteran; I've been on one thing or another to treat Tourette's Syndrome since I was 15. I've been a member of the Prozac Generation for 9 years now, and I know from personal experience that comimg off any SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) such as Paxil or Prozac can be difficult and should definitely be supervised by your Doctor. That being said, these drugs have a very short half-life in the body (a few days) and the most common problems I've noticed with a sudden stoppage include mild to moderate anxiety and a dramatic return of the symptoms for which the drug was being taken in the first place.

Anyway, check out the site; they have forums where you can talk to people who have taken Paxil (I haven't) and get their first-hand experiences. Good Luck!

The man who says he CAN'T and the man who says he CAN are BOTH right.

thanks bama!