Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Patriot Guard Riders in Fargo, ND to protect funeral

On Friday, June 2, Spc Michael Hermanson was laid to rest in Fargo, ND after falling victim to a rocket propelled grenade in Iraq.

Unfortunately, a small group of assholes from the Phelps' inbred Kansas church showed up with thier with their idiotic signs about God wanting soldiers to die. Happily, the Patriot Guard Riders also showed up.. in force. I would say they outnumbered the protesters about 10 to 1, and they lined the streets so the funeral attendees would not even have to see the insulting display.

Groups like the Patriot Guard Riders make me proud.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Patriot Guard Riders in Fargo, ND to protect funeral

I understand and want to believe that freedom of speech and freedom to assemble and march are two of our strongest virtues that this country is based on.

But there is a proper place and time for everything, and to try to organize a gathering to get your opinion noticed at a fallen soldiers funeral or even a civilians funeral is just plan wrong.

Another one that gets me is Flag Burning or Flying of another Countrys Flag Higher than our own..

Nice to see the Guardsmen and Women of ND step up and take control of the losers rally.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    On Friday, June 2, Spc Michael Hermanson was laid to rest in Fargo, ND after falling victim to a rocket propelled grenade in Iraq.

Unfortunately, a small group of donkey butts from the Phelps' inbred Kansas church showed up with thier with their idiotic signs about God wanting soldiers to die. Happily, the Patriot Guard Riders also showed up.. in force. I would say they outnumbered the protesters about 10 to 1, and they lined the streets so the funeral attendees would not even have to see the insulting display.

Groups like the Patriot Guard Riders make me proud.
    the people who do this sh*t are the ones who deserve to die
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

These people who go to the funerals are the biggest losers on the face of the earth. No matter what part of the political spectrum, you will still hate these people because they piss everyone off. They are on no one's side (anti-gay pisses off liberals, anti-war pisses off conservatives).

boognish is offline Coordinator

In one of the few good moves of his presidency, Bush signed a bill on Memorial Day that bars protests within 300 feet of the entrance of a national cemetery and within 150 feet of a road into the cemetery. This restriction applies an hour before until an hour after a funeral. Those violating the act would face up to a $100,000 fine and up to a year in prison.

Throw a couple of these bums in prison and fine their arses and I'll bet they stop coming around.
    I am a dipshit!!!

boognish is offline Coordinator

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    These people who go to the funerals are the biggest losers on the face of the earth. No matter what part of the political spectrum, you will still hate these people because they piss everyone off. They are on no one's side (anti-*** pisses off liberals, anti-war pisses off conservatives).
    Anti-American Soldiers pisses us all off. How f'd up do you have to be to celebrate the death of some 18 year old kid serving in the military, regardless of how you feel about the war?
    I am a dipshit!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

That's such a disgrace that these people do this.

It's one thing to have a belief, but to show-up at a funeral of a fallen soldier is just plain wrong. These people are lower than Packer fans and I would not care if any of them were hit by a bus.

The Patriot Guard Riders embody what America really is. Whether you believe in the war or not, nobody should ever protest at a funeral.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

AHH!!!! THOSE PEOPLE PISS ME OFF!!!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    That's such a disgrace that these people do this.

It's one thing to have a belief, but to show-up at a funeral of a fallen soldier is just plain wrong. These people are lower than Packer fans and I would not care if any of them were hit by a bus.

The Patriot Guard Riders embody what America really is. Whether you believe in the war or not, nobody should ever protest at a funeral.
    Someday, I hope I can share a copy of a letter my father recieved years ago from then, President Nixon and The Secretary of Defense. It was a letter telling him there is a grave site reserved for him at Arrlington Cememtary. Sorry to say though, my father is going to join my mother who passed two years ago, at my Mothers family plot in Htfd., CT...

My father was a very highly decorated soldier for his services during the Korean Conflict.

5 Silver Battle Stars

One Bronze Star

Three Purple Hearts..

And a number of citations and awards for his service and bravery.

My father never got any higher than Corperal in rank, but that doesn't take away from his service and love for our Country and his fellow troops.....

He served in the 3rd Infantry Division 15th Regiment ( The CAN DO Regiment ) F Company....

God forbid anyone ever tried to form a march during his buriel when that day comes.....

I know they wouldn't do it in front of him while he is alive, because he'd kick their asses one by one himself...

I'll have to ask him to bring up his pics and News Paper Clippings and Western Union Grams his mother collected while he was serving..

I'll post pics so you can see them Ultra...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Hat's off to the Patriot Guard Riders, I am thankful for what they do to help the families.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast