BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Panty-clad man tries robbery with lighter

INWOOD, W.Va. - A thief covered his face with a pair of blue women's underwear and used a pistol-shaped cigarette lighter in a botched robbery of a convenience store, police said. "I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried," State Police Sgt. T.C. Kearns told The Journal in Martinsburg.

The cashier at first thought it was a joke and refused to give the man any money, so he ran to a Jeep Cherokee and drove away at about 4 a.m. Wednesday, Kearns said.

A few minutes later, police stopped a vehicle matching that description and took two men into custody.

Police later charged Steven Clay Stephenson, 34, of Ranson in the convenience story robbery.

Kearns said police found a pistol-shaped lighter while searching Stephenson. The underwear was recovered nearby.

Stephenson is charged with nighttime burglary, attempted robbery, first-offense driving under the influence, petit larceny and improper registration.

He was being held Thursday at the Eastern Regional Jail. The Berkeley County Prosecuting Attorney's Office had no record of a defense attorney being assigned yet to represent Stephenson.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070511/ap_on_fe_st/odd_panty_clad_robber;_ylt=AujSHkMaf5okxqk8dwPBHHg Z.3QA

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Panty-clad man tries robbery with lighter

the word here ladies and gentlemen is Moron, I suppose when people are thinking this crap up they are desperate. well something I can laugh about cuz it wasnt me.

MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY