Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Pakistani opposition leader Bhutto assassinated

Extremist donkey butts, says Neo.
    The only reason JF Kennedy was shot was that he was in Dallas.
    The only reason RF Kennedy was shot was that he was near a kitchen.
    The only reason Lennon was shot was Catcher in the Rye.
    The only reason Lincoln was shot was Ford's Theatre.
    When any major event happens like this, the only question is WHO BENEFITS? We do: a second butt boy in the middle east. Must control more oil than China and Russia (some call it economics).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=666048701355447870&q

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    I couldn't believe it when I took a closer look, who knows what the U.S. is really hiding.

LMAO.
    OK, that was funny.
    Just saying, you have think what the government might be up to sometimes.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    This is very bad.
    :-\

Bhutto was the most prominent figure in what could have been some kind of tempering movement against extremists in Pakistan. Conspiracy theories will be flying around Pakistan for many years to come (well, not that that's unusual in this part of the world) about who was involved in the assissination. I predict it will be somewhat destabilizing, and may end up bringing out more extremist elements. Very bad.

Pakistan needs the world's support right now.
    I don't know if I can support Musharraf. He plays both ends against the middle trying to be nice to al Queda and nice to the US. The only real guy he looks out for is himself and his interests. Bhutto at least took a stand against the terrorists and was firm in her desire to rid Pakistan of them.
    Sorry. I didn't mean support Musharraf, I meant support Pakistanis. And by Pakistanis, I mean the moderate ones who desire to be represented by their government.

This could (and probably would) mean a religious-minded government in power, but as long as it was a moderate one that the people felt represented them well it need not be an affront to the West.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"The" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    This is very bad.

Bhutto was the most prominent figure in what could have been some kind of tempering movement against extremists in Pakistan. Conspiracy theories will be flying around Pakistan for many years to come (well, not that that's unusual in this part of the world) about who was involved in the assissination. I predict it will be somewhat destabilizing, and may end up bringing out more extremist elements. Very bad.

I don't know if I can support Musharraf. He plays both ends against the middle trying to be nice to al Queda and nice to the US. The only real guy he looks out for is himself and his interests. Bhutto at least took a stand against the terrorists and was firm in her desire to rid Pakistan of them.
    Sorry. I didn't mean support Musharraf, I meant support Pakistanis. And by Pakistanis, I mean the moderate ones who desire to be represented by their government.
    This could (and probably would) mean a religious-minded government in power, but as long as it was a moderate one that the people felt represented them well it need not be an affront to the West.
    Personally, I don't care what form of government they end up with as long as "It" takes care of the needs of the people AND "It" doesn't consist of religous extremists.
    UBL and his ilk with nukes scares the living doodoo out of me...
    :'(
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Got OIL?

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    This is very bad.

Personally, I don't care what form of government they end up with as long as "It" takes care of the needs of the people AND "It" doesn't consist of religous extremists.
    UBL and his ilk with nukes scares the living doodoo out of me...
    :'(
    Agreed. In addition, Pakistan has worried me for years. Time was, the (semi-secular) Pakistani military kept everything in check there, but that has been fading more and more over the years. This is especially true with the rise of Saudi funded madrasas throughout Pakistan that teach an extremist form of "Wahhabi" (this is a bit of a misnomer, but whatever) Islam. Now many Pakistani soldiers are more hard-right religious, which tends to undermine their loyalty to the Pakistan government.

What I'm not terribly worried about though, is the nukes. I mean, the threat is there no doubt, but I have a feeling India would step in far before they allowed any Islamist extremists to get anywhere near nuclear weapons, and you better believe the US would be helping as well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345