Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Pakistani opposition leader Bhutto assassinated

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    What a lot of folks forget is Pakistan has nuclear weapons, and the knucklehead extemists won't think twice about using them on we infidels...
    I have never forgotten it. In fact I said before we went into Iraq that the real potential fro problems in the M.E was Pakistan and that if we kept funneling money there and not addressing the fact that the terrorists we want to eliminate were there and not in Iraq, that it would come back to bite us in time. I still feel it will. Just imagine how the profile of Osama will be increased if he is able to orchestrate an overthrow of that government and his Taliban buddies get their fingers on that red button.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

There has been many many many governments that dabble in supporting certain people, and biting them in the jiggly butt later.
    Regan armed Bin Laden in the 80's to fight the soviets, the whole enemy of my enemy thing.

And the conspiracy talk aside, I think we'd simply be amazed by some of the stuff that is classified in our government.
    Heck we had a stealth bomber for almost 25 years before anybody else knew about it.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Schutz" wrote:
    There has been many many many governments that dabble in supporting certain people, and biting them in the jiggly butt later.
    Regan armed Bin Laden in the 80's to fight the soviets, the whole enemy of my enemy thing.

And the conspiracy talk aside, I think we'd simply be amazed by some of the stuff that is classified in our government.
    Heck we had a stealth bomber for almost 25 years before anybody else knew about it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"C" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

Saddam was the lesser of 2 evils back then.

"C" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

haha, I had almost forgot about that picture.
    Perfect example of picking and choosing our tyrants.
    By the theory of why we went in to Iraq(Well after all the other theories failed, and we said we got rid of a "Bad Man") we might as well brought back the draft and invaded every tyrant in the world, because believe it or not Iraq wasn't the only country that abused it's people.

I couldn't believe it when I took a closer look, who knows what the U.S. is really hiding.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Schutz" wrote:

Ummm, the B-2 Spirit (often referred to as the Stealth Bomber) was developed in the 80's.
    It underwent one mission realignment in 1985 when it was changed from a high altitude bomber to a low altitude bomber.
    It was first unveiled to the public in 1988, and first flew in 1989, although as a non-commissioned x-aircraft.
    It was first used in combat in 1999.
    They are technically still classified aircraft, specifically the rear air frame design and body makeup.

The F-117 Nighthawk (stealth fighter) is probably the one you were referring to.
    Scale models of the F-117 were developed in 1977, and the first test flight was in 1979.
    The F-117A, which is the frame we are familiar with did not fly until 1981, and it finally reached operational status in 1983.
    It was revealed to the world in 1988.
    The Nighthawk will be decommissioned this year (I believe).
    The F-22 is simply a better fighter, and has better stealth capabilities.

Either way, we certainly did not have any stealth aircraft for 25 years before anybody else knew about it.
    At best, we had a stealth fighter (in concept at least) for ten years before it was revealed.

This is why conspiracy theories rarely hold water for me.
    All too often they are created by people speculating but do not have all the facts.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Schutz" wrote:
    I couldn't believe it when I took a closer look, who knows what the U.S. is really hiding.

LMAO.
    OK, that was funny.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

Ummm, the B-2 Spirit (often referred to as the Stealth Bomber) was developed in the 80's.
    It underwent one mission realignment in 1985 when it was changed from a high altitude bomber to a low altitude bomber.
    It was first unveiled to the public in 1988, and first flew in 1989, although as a non-commissioned x-aircraft.
    They are technically still classified aircraft, specifically the rear air frame design and body makeup.

The F-117 Nighthawk (stealth fighter) is probably the one you were referring to.
    Scale models of the F-117 were developed in 1977, and the first test flight was in 1979.
    The F-117A, which is the frame we are familiar with did not fly until 1981, and it finally reached operational status in 1983.

Either way, we certainly did not have any stealth aircraft for 25 years before anybody else knew about it.
    At best, we had a stealth fighter (in concept at least) for ten years before it was revealed.

All too often they are created by people speculating but do not have all the facts.
    Ok I just guesstimated because I didn't remember, but I'm not disagreeing with you.
    I just meant the whole fact that planes like these were seen many times and considered to be alien UFOs when there was a reasonable explanation.
    There are many technologies under wraps, and although I don't think anything interesting is actually in it, I've always been curious what was in the JFK file that it kept getting pushed back for all these years.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

My guess is he was talking about this little lady

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR-71_Blackbird

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/300px-Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg[/img]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast