Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    148

    Re: Pacquiao v. Hatton

    I really though hatton would hold his own... I didnt think he would win, but i did think he'd hold his own... Gotta give it up to pacman though!

  2. #22
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Pacquiao v. Hatton

    "Ranger" wrote:
    Hatton had no head movement, a problem of his since day one.
    He's there to be hit, and that's exceptionally problematic against a volume puncher with power like Manny.

    It'll be interesting to see how Floyd does against JMM, because that's going to be a decent part of how I'll determine a fight between Pacman and Pretty Boy going.
    I see Pac Man getting picked apart by Mayweather. Pacman fights low very frequently, and he's a puncher. Where Mayweather is a technician in every sense of the word and will keep the fight away from him. If Pacquai gets inside you'd better believe you're getting hit 5-6 times, dude's crazy fast, but so's Floyd... I really hope that fight gets put together.

  3. #23
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Pacquiao v. Hatton

    "Mr" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Hatton had no head movement, a problem of his since day one.
    He's there to be hit, and that's exceptionally problematic against a volume puncher with power like Manny.

    It'll be interesting to see how Floyd does against JMM, because that's going to be a decent part of how I'll determine a fight between Pacman and Pretty Boy going.
    I see Pac Man getting picked apart by Mayweather. Pacman fights low very frequently, and he's a puncher. Where Mayweather is a technician in every sense of the word and will keep the fight away from him. If Pacquai gets inside you'd better believe you're getting hit 5-6 times, dude's crazy fast, but so's Floyd... I really hope that fight gets put together.

    Mr A.,

    How can you say that PacMan is not a technician?
    He is all of that and much more !
    PacMan is by far, pound for pound, the best boxer in the world right now.
    I will say it here,
    he will tear apart Mayweather!
    That is if Mayweather doesn't come up with injury in his next fight to hide from the PacMan.










    This Hatton/PacMan fight, wasn't even fight, Hatton didn't even belong in that ring.
    I'll say this, I kind of felt bad for Hatton, because I feel his manager really fucked with his head and body also....Hatton made mistake #1, when he canned his long time trainer and manager in England, and replaced him with a guy more interested in his self image, rather than all his heart and sole poured into his fighter.
    |


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  4. #24
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Pacquiao v. Hatton

    "Mr" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Hatton had no head movement, a problem of his since day one.
    He's there to be hit, and that's exceptionally problematic against a volume puncher with power like Manny.

    It'll be interesting to see how Floyd does against JMM, because that's going to be a decent part of how I'll determine a fight between Pacman and Pretty Boy going.
    I see Pac Man getting picked apart by Mayweather. Pacman fights low very frequently, and he's a puncher. Where Mayweather is a technician in every sense of the word and will keep the fight away from him. If Pacquai gets inside you'd better believe you're getting hit 5-6 times, dude's crazy fast, but so's Floyd... I really hope that fight gets put together.
    Floyd struggled against Zab Judah early, when Judah was still fresh.
    It was facing someone with comparable speed that seemed to catch Floyd off guard, and Judah packs a helluva punch.
    Fortunately, Floyd is impressive at examining his opponent and adjusting his strategy to counter them as the fight wears on, which is what he did with Zab.
    Castillo gave him great difficulty in their first fight as well.

    Floyd will probably drop some early rounds due to the volume of fast punches that Manny can throw, but will most likely not take a too much damage.
    He'll adapt and start picking up the rate of his counters as the fight progresses, and begin to win rounds.


    Floyd destroyed Chico, who was the #2 pfp fighter in the world at the time.
    He's beaten Zab Judah.
    He knows how to deal with really fast fighters (Judah's hand speed is superior to even Floyd's, imo) and guys who can crack (Chico hit haaaaard).
    Pac-Man is a different monster, though.
    He's conditioning is amazing, he has brought his power up to 140 and he's got fast hands.
    It's going to be a very interesting fight.

  5. #25
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Pacquiao v. Hatton

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Hatton had no head movement, a problem of his since day one.
    He's there to be hit, and that's exceptionally problematic against a volume puncher with power like Manny.

    It'll be interesting to see how Floyd does against JMM, because that's going to be a decent part of how I'll determine a fight between Pacman and Pretty Boy going.
    I see Pac Man getting picked apart by Mayweather. Pacman fights low very frequently, and he's a puncher. Where Mayweather is a technician in every sense of the word and will keep the fight away from him. If Pacquai gets inside you'd better believe you're getting hit 5-6 times, dude's crazy fast, but so's Floyd... I really hope that fight gets put together.


    Mr A.,


    How can you say that PacMan is not a technician?

    He is all of that and much more !
    PacMan is by far, pound for pound, the best boxer in the world right now.
    I will say it here,
    he will tear apart Mayweather!
    That is if Mayweather doesn't come up with injury in his next fight to hide from the PacMan.










    This Hatton/PacMan fight, wasn't even fight, Hatton didn't even belong in that ring.
    I'll say this, I kind of felt bad for Hatton, because I feel his manager really ~messed up~ with his head and body also....Hatton made mistake #1, when he canned his long time trainer and manager in England, and replaced him with a guy more interested in his self image, rather than all his heart and sole poured into his fighter.
    |
    This fight cannot be blamed on Floyd Sr.
    Yeah, he has a lot of faults, but Hatton didn't listen to a word he was told in his corner.
    He wasn't coming in with his jab, he showed no head movement and was there to get hit all night.
    As soon as he ate a right hook early in the first, his strategy immediately reverted to his old one...rush in, bull the opponent against the ropes, and rough-house maul them.
    He did this Kostya Tzsyu, and if he has a (very) forgiving ref, he can effectively grind people down.
    However, against a guy like Pacquiao you're not going to get away with it.


    Hatton kept leading in with a hook, and as soon as he'd throw, Manny would beat him with a check hook.
    Believe me, Floyd Sr. did NOT train him to fight like that.
    The bottom line is, after 50 fights, that is who you are.
    You can't change the type of fighter you are overnight.

  6. #26
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Pacquiao v. Hatton

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Hatton had no head movement, a problem of his since day one.
    He's there to be hit, and that's exceptionally problematic against a volume puncher with power like Manny.

    It'll be interesting to see how Floyd does against JMM, because that's going to be a decent part of how I'll determine a fight between Pacman and Pretty Boy going.
    I see Pac Man getting picked apart by Mayweather. Pacman fights low very frequently, and he's a puncher. Where Mayweather is a technician in every sense of the word and will keep the fight away from him. If Pacquai gets inside you'd better believe you're getting hit 5-6 times, dude's crazy fast, but so's Floyd... I really hope that fight gets put together.


    Mr A.,


    How can you say that PacMan is not a technician?

    He is all of that and much more !
    PacMan is by far, pound for pound, the best boxer in the world right now.
    I will say it here,
    he will tear apart Mayweather!
    That is if Mayweather doesn't come up with injury in his next fight to hide from the PacMan.










    This Hatton/PacMan fight, wasn't even fight, Hatton didn't even belong in that ring.
    I'll say this, I kind of felt bad for Hatton, because I feel his manager really ~messed up~ with his head and body also....Hatton made mistake #1, when he canned his long time trainer and manager in England, and replaced him with a guy more interested in his self image, rather than all his heart and sole poured into his fighter.
    |
    While both PBF and Pacquiao are active, winning, and haven't fought one another, it's pretty impossible to claim that one is far superior than the other.

  7. #27
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Pacquiao v. Hatton

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Hatton had no head movement, a problem of his since day one.
    He's there to be hit, and that's exceptionally problematic against a volume puncher with power like Manny.

    It'll be interesting to see how Floyd does against JMM, because that's going to be a decent part of how I'll determine a fight between Pacman and Pretty Boy going.
    I see Pac Man getting picked apart by Mayweather. Pacman fights low very frequently, and he's a puncher. Where Mayweather is a technician in every sense of the word and will keep the fight away from him. If Pacquai gets inside you'd better believe you're getting hit 5-6 times, dude's crazy fast, but so's Floyd... I really hope that fight gets put together.


    Mr A.,


    How can you say that PacMan is not a technician?

    He is all of that and much more !
    PacMan is by far, pound for pound, the best boxer in the world right now.
    I will say it here,
    he will tear apart Mayweather!
    That is if Mayweather doesn't come up with injury in his next fight to hide from the PacMan.










    This Hatton/PacMan fight, wasn't even fight, Hatton didn't even belong in that ring.
    I'll say this, I kind of felt bad for Hatton, because I feel his manager really fucked with his head and body also....Hatton made mistake #1, when he canned his long time trainer and manager in England, and replaced him with a guy more interested in his self image, rather than all his heart and sole poured into his fighter.
    |
    I'm talking style. PacMan is more of a puncher than he is a true boxer. He's a technician in the same sense say Joe Frazier was a technician. A way more than proficient boxer, he's truly great, but he fights inside, throws a lot more power punches than jabs, and has power(obviously everything I just listed is adjusted to weight) but Mayweather is more of an outside fighter who sets up his attacks with jabs and works the ring a lot more than Pacquiao. I'm not saying he's not a technician, but he's not on the same level of boxing proficiency and skill as Floyd Mayweather. PacMan landed 73 punches on saturday, 65 power punches, only 8 jabs.

    They have totally different styles, where Pacquiao and Hatton were quite similar.

  8. #28
    CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    307

    Re: Pacquiao v. Hatton

    One Strike with a cane and down he Goes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Hatton v Mayweather
    By scottishvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 01:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •