Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

PacNWVike's Next Most Excellent Adventure

Cajun, Anglo, Shock, Webby, and anyone else who'd like to meet your nomadic barbarian, we'll be flying into Valhalla on Friday, Oct 21st to see the Oct 23rd disembowling of the slackers... We're staying at the Holiday Inn Metrodome and are willing to party with all! Skol Vikings! :grin:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: PacNWVike's Next Most Excellent Adventure

You all thinking tailgate or an evening trek to a watering hole (or both)?

I kept two tickets to the Packers game this year (sold my other two to a friend). I may try to join up for some tailgating..., that is if I can figure out where you're all at.

You may want to think about not even renting a car. Light rail now connects the Airport, Mall of America and Downtown Minneapolis. It's like $1.50 to get from the airport to downtown (one of the stops is the Metrodome).

Here's a link for light rail:

http://www.metrotransit.org/rail/

There are also hotels within walking distance to the light rail stops. Just a thought anyways.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    Cajun, Anglo, Shock, Webby, and anyone else who'd like to meet your nomadic barbarian, we'll be flying into Valhalla on Friday, Oct 21st to see the Oct 23rd disembowling of the slackers... We're staying at the Holiday Inn Metrodome and are willing to party with all! Skol Vikings! :grin:
    Typical.... at the moment we've now had to change plans and so won't be at the slackers game ... :sad: partly through work and also with the possibility of game moves due to the World Series - having to book flights so far in advance is a pain !
    So now we'll more likely be coming over for the Browns game - pity PacNW as it would have been great to hook up - we'll manage to do it one of these days !! I'll be thinking of y'all getting together and having fun :crybaby:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

ElBarto is offline Starter

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    Typical.... at the moment we've now had to change plans and so won't be at the slackers game ... :sad: partly through work and also with the possibility of game moves due to the World Series - having to book flights so far in advance is a pain !
    So now we'll more likely be coming over for the Browns game - pity PacNW as it would have been great to hook up - we'll manage to do it one of these days !! I'll be thinking of y'all getting together and having fun :crybaby:
    Not much consolation I know Anglo but I'll be at the Browns game :grin:
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ElBarto" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    Not much consolation I know Anglo but I'll be at the Browns game :grin:
    Hey two brits at the game - have to dig out the redcoats :lol:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Maybe we can get English Vike to tag along too.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I'd LOVE to meet you! When the time gets closer, you'll have to PM me, Webby, Skol, Jackyl, TNT or any other the other "homies"...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

[quote="SKOL"]You all thinking tailgate or an evening trek to a watering hole (or both)?/quote]

All of the above! The Holiday Inn Metrodome is at the University district which has a lot of watering holes within walking distance. We'll have a rental car so we can travel too. We tailgate before the game, normally at one of the "pay" lots near the dome. We'll figure out which one and get the word out. We grill brauts, drink beer and pick on cheeseheads, in a good natured manner of course!
    Edmund Burke

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Sorry to miss you Anglo! We'll hook up someday, even if I have to take my new bride to England for a vacation.
    Edmund Burke

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Hey two brits at the game - have to dig out the redcoats :lol:
    And we'll start dumping tea into the Mississippi River! :lol:
    Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast