Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packers Fans

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Packers Fans

Here is some crap for you to look at about your upcoming season. I didnt really read it but when i looked at it I thought of all of you. Plus id have to be real bored to read this crap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingCamp04/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1851272

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingCamp04/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1851299
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Packers Fans

Looks like it will be another year at home in front of the fire during the playoffs for the Viking's team and fandumb. (sp?hehe)

Whilst, the real men of the North take the party to Jacksonville.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

Packers Fans

Yea TexPack, i guess many of the viking team will be at their homes in Jacksonville enjoying the fire and playing the SB :sunny: while GB team and fans will be piled in their CAVES under the snow hibernating,
    :cheese: TEXPACK i am glad you recognize the VIKINGS as the real men of the north, not like the pucker fans or team who think they are men and the sheep are the only ones who know it :salute:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Packers Fans

Favre made the announcement yesterday, that for him, its "Super Bowl or Bust". I think he was trying to convince his teammates more than anyone else, but it just goes to prove what I've been trying to say here for several months.

I think this is Favre's last year, and hopefully, they will pull out all the stops to win Brett one last Lombardi trophy and he can retire like John Elway. I will even put up with some Viking NFC North championships for a couple of years after while we rebuild in exchange for that.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Packers Fans

Well, bust it is!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Packers Fans

Chances are better for bust than Super Bowl, agreed, but in today's NFL, who has a better chance? Seems teams that get picked early on never make it there. You would have picked the Pats and the Panthers in the Bowl last year? Never. It's who gets lucky and hot.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

SKOL_Master is offline Rookie

Packers Fans

I agree with Los; this year is Farve's last hurrah.

Here are some additional quotes from Farve yesterday:

"I sometimes think about Aikman," Favre said. "He was still good but the guys around him were not, and how difficult that was and how much pride he had. Eventually, he just got beat up so much it knocked him out.

I think he's foreshadowing his decision.

Once the Salary Cap crunch hits for the pack next year and they lose some key players (Wahle, Rivera), Farve will see the writing on the wall and hang it up.

Farve's cap hit will happen the following year (all those years of contract re-negotiation come home to roost).

The end result will be 3 - 5 years of sub .500 performance by the Pack.
    c36083684f6cb51c68ec9ce28f2be935

Packers Fans

I prefer to call it "rebuilding" years, which in the NFl doesnt' take nearly as long anymore, but I will not argue with much else that you said.

The Packers are actually in good salary cap condition. I don't know if Favre's decision to retire forces the signing bonus to accelerate...seems to be only on a trade or a cut, from what I know. Jamal Reynolds is really among the dead cap space right now, and it will be 0 next season.

However, I do still agree that if Favre retires, they may look at all the free agents next year and let a couple more go than they need to, and focus on rebuilding.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Packers Fans

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I prefer to call it "rebuilding" years, which in the NFl doesnt' take nearly as long anymore...
    Tell that to the Cardinals and the Bengals.

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Packers Fans

haha funny josdin
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast