Thread: Ozzfest!

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Ozzfest!

Man, the concert was so insane.

System of a Down and Disturbed really put on a show as well as Black Label Soceity (my first mosh ever, and I was less than 10 feet away from Zakk Wylde)

Anyways, I am not a A7X fan, but they really tore it up. Decent in the beginning, and then they did a huge tribute to Dimebag Darroll and they performed Walk. The two guitarists did an awesome job with it.

I had box seats, but went up to the lawn. Second stage is awesome, I suggest you go there and have as much fun as possible before being confined to seats in the main stage.

As for must see bands:
    SOAD (great performance in general)
    Disturbed (David had a long speach before Stricken and totally trashed retro punk and emo kids. It was hilarious)
    Black Label Society (Zakk Wylde, nuff said)
    A7X (dimebag tribute)
    Hatebreed (awesome pits)
    Lacuna Coil (underestimated them COMPLETELY before hand and they suprised me. Also, the lead singer is a babe.)
    (in this order)

Good luck to anyone that is going, I know youll have a blast.

Im going to another concert soon in Indy with Rob Zombie and Godsmack. Ever seen them live?

Lemme know,

Dave
    Retired 12/21/08

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ozzfest!

Can't wait for August 9th. I'm really looking forward to SOAD and A7X (my two favorite bands) but BLS, Atreyu, Disturbed, Lacuna Coil should all be awesome as well.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

a friend of mine wanted me to go with him >_< but unfortunatly he didnt ask me earlier, so i had to work that weekend =(

and about rob zombie, he was just in town (mankato) the other day for a concert, i heard it was "pretty good" if that helps =P

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    Man, the concert was so insane.

System of a Down and Disturbed really put on a show as well as Black Label Soceity (my first mosh ever, and I was less than 10 feet away from Zakk Wylde)

Anyways, I am not a A7X fan, but they really tore it up. Decent in the beginning, and then they did a huge tribute to Dimebag Darroll and they performed Walk. The two guitarists did an awesome job with it.

I had box seats, but went up to the lawn. Second stage is awesome, I suggest you go there and have as much fun as possible before being confined to seats in the main stage.

As for must see bands:
    SOAD (great performance in general)
    Disturbed (David had a long speach before Stricken and totally trashed retro punk and emo kids. It was hilarious)
    Black Label Society (Zakk Wylde, nuff said)
    A7X (dimebag tribute)
    Hatebreed (awesome pits)
    Lacuna Coil (underestimated them COMPLETELY before hand and they suprised me. Also, the lead singer is a babe.)
    (in this order)

Good luck to anyone that is going, I know youll have a blast.

Im going to another concert soon in Indy with Rob Zombie and Godsmack. Ever seen them live?

Lemme know,

Dave
    I saw Rob Zombie last year at Ozzfest. I like Black Label Society and Black Sabbath, and of course Ozzy!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Was Ozzy there?

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler

I worked security for Ozzfest in Tampa '01. That was insane. Disturbed ruled (and of course Ozzy!!!)
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Was Ozzy there?
    Yeah, it was last year...I got mooned by him and everything! It was a hoot. Almost got bashed too! I'm to old for that! :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]