Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ozzfest

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Ozzfest

Has anyone here ever gone to this? My friend and I are thinking about going but we want to get some info on it. It would be at an outdoor venue. I am aware that it goes all day and night, Correct?

Gift is offline Coordinator

Re: Ozzfest

I went in 98 & 99. Then it started at like 10am and ended around 12am. It was a ton of fun then but even in 99 they started to have cops walking around the crowd & that took alot away for me. I assume it is still held at summerset? If so the best part is when bands will say "What's up Minneapolis" and you hear wisconsin people around you getting all grumpy cuz they get no love.

Who is playing this year?
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

purplegang is offline Starter

when i was younger i went to it, you will have a ball, and get drunk, and see alot of people getting in tune with thier birthday suits, lol..

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Gift" wrote:
    I went in 98 & 99. Then it started at like 10am and ended around 12am. It was a ton of fun then but even in 99 they started to have cops walking around the crowd & that took alot away for me. I assume it is still held at summerset? If so the best part is when bands will say "What's up Minneapolis" and you hear wisconsin people around you getting all grumpy cuz they get no love.

Who is playing this year?
    That's because it's mostly Minnesotans that go -it's Ozzfest, not Cattlefest! :lol:

I was right next door at Floatright on the Apple River this past summer, and it was mostly Minnesota licence plates on the cars.

mark is offline Asst. Coach

ive gone the last 6 years. the second stage has become better.Mudvayne was the only good band last year.whos this year?
    <!--
    sig -->

headtrip is offline Rookie

This year's line-up is probably the worst in it's 11 year history. Ozzy may not even play Summerset and KoRn turned into a pop rock band. For all the Tool and Metallica rumors, the actual line-up turned out to be highly disappointing.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I heard that Iron Maiden was pretty good...at least better than Sabbath. I saw Maiden in Cali way back in 1988...they rocked it back then (with GnR as the warm up band...Axl was late as usual though).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

The big name bands on this year are Ozzy, System of a down, and Disturbed, along with Hatebreed and Lacuna Coil on the main stage. Also a special guest appearance. The second stage is Black Label Society, Atreyu, Unearth, Bleeding Through, and Norma Jean.

If I go it will mostly be for System of a down. I am a huge SOAD fan in case anyone was wondering. My friend is also a big Atreyu fan as well as Soad fan so that works out well.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

I took my grandson last year! It was great! No, it doesn't go all day and night. Music starts about 10 am and it's over by 11 pm. Some people go early and have a tailgate party before the music starts. You can't leave and then go back in, and food is higher than H#ll!!
    We saw lots of bands, Rob Zombie, Mudvayne, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and of course we got mooned by Ozzy!
    We almost got crushed in a bashing! One of the guards landed on top of me, all bloody!
    You'll have a ball!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I heard that Iron Maiden was pretty good...at least better than Sabbath. I saw Maiden in Cali way back in 1988...they rocked it back then (with GnR as the warm up band...Axl was late as usual though).
    Iron Maiden was Great! Black Sabbath is still good, but Ozzy is losing his voice. At least I wasn't impressed last year in Pittsburgh.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast