COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Overhead camera at training camp

A couple of years ago the Star/Tribune had a camera set up above the field at training camp and you could go into your computer and view what was going on at camp anytime you wanted. I was wondering if anyone knew of such a project this year. I remember last year they never got the thing working right.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Overhead camera at training camp

I remeber what your talking about, but I never used it.That would be awesome tho if they got that up and running again.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Prophet Guest

Someone posted a link yesterday, but not sure if that is the same link that will be used this year or if there will be a new one.

http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?name=/startrib/mobile2&func=live&skin=vikes&overlay=default

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks prophet for the link! I'll check it out.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

That link may still be the correct one, because a link to the following blog was on that page.

Thursday, July 27th, 2006
    Early this afternoon a bus is scheduled to pull up in front of Gage Hall in Mankato and drop off the Vikings rookies. A small group of veterans also will arrive today and tomorrow these players will go through two workouts as the Vikings open their first training camp under new coach Brad Childress.

Although he still hadn’t signed as of late Wednesday, don’t be surprised if first-round linebacker Chad Greenway is in Mankato today. It was obvious from his comments Wednesday that Greenway felt an urgency to be in camp on time. “I’m not looking to outdo the Vikings,” he said. Greenway could easily sign his deal this morning and then jump on the team bus.

One word of caution for those of you plannning to attend Friday’s two sessions (10:30-11:40 a.m. and 3:10-4:15 p.m.): Be prepared to see plenty of teaching and little physical contact. Players will wear shorts for both practices and the Vikings have made it clear that the Friday, Saturday and Sunday workouts (two on Friday, two on Saturday, one on Sunday) will resemble the type of practices conducted in minicamp. In other words this is the rookie’s last chance to learn at a reduced speed before veterans arrive on Sunday evening.

For those who want to see a training camp practice in pads it’s probably best to wait until Tuesday. That’s when the entire team will go through two-a-days for the first time with the first practice at 8:45 a.m. and the second at 2:45 p.m.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Yes they have had that camp cam for several years and that looks like the right link....I haven't read rather or not they plan on having it this year....I hope so because you can zoom right in on the players and the goings on in the camp surroundings.