Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Oprah - is she or isn't she?

NEW YORK (AP) -- Oprah Winfrey and her friend Gayle King want to be clear: they are not gay.

In the August issue of O, the Oprah Magazine, the talk-show host explains that some people misunderstand her close friendship with King.

"I understand why people think we're gay," she says. "There isn't a definition in our culture for this kind of bond between women. So I get why people have to label it -- how can you be this close without it being sexual?"

In a long article, Winfrey, 52, and King converse about their 30 years of friendship and "four-times-a-day phone calls."

The two friends say they would have no problem telling the public if they were in a sexual relationship.

"The truth is, if we were gay, we would tell you, because there's nothing wrong with being gay," says King.

Says Winfrey: "Something about this relationship feels otherworldly to me, like it was designed by a power and a hand greater than my own. Whatever this friendship is, it's been a very fun ride."

Star says relationship with Gayle King misunderstood

mrswebby is offline Rookie

Re: Oprah - is she or isn't she?

oh, come on... leave the poor woman alone. (OK, so not financially poor, but let her have some personal space). Just because she's not married and has a close friend, why does that have to mean she's gay? Even if she were, it's her right to keep it to herself. Actually, she's taken so much grief as to never having married Stedman, why wouldn't she say she was if she were? Being female and in my mid 30's, I definitely have a smaller number of closer friends than in my 20's , and one in particular who is my best friend. I think it's great they've stayed friends for 30 years through all the changes in their lives. More power to them!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I vote yes. Just cause it will drive certain people nuts.

I just couldn't care what she thinks or does. People that buy People or Us Weekly or whatever gossip rag need a hobby.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"mrswebby" wrote:
    oh, come on... leave the poor woman alone. (OK, so not financially poor, but let her have some personal space). Just because she's not married and has a close friend, why does that have to mean she's ***? Even if she were, it's her right to keep it to herself. Actually, she's taken so much grief as to never having married Stedman, why wouldn't she say she was if she were? Being female and in my mid 30's, I definitely have a smaller number of closer friends than in my 20's , and one in particular who is my best friend. I think it's great they've stayed friends for 30 years through all the changes in their lives. More power to them!
    Amen sister!

I feel bad for anyone that gets called out as being "gay" by the media. If they are, it's their own decision to let people know. If they aren't then they are almost forced to live with the label of being homosexual.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

As quoted on Sienfeld - "Not that there is anything wrong with that"

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Who cares. I don't give a rat's @$$ about Oprah.

Except that I hate her because she's rich and flaunts it by giving away sh!t on her show and buys $40 gazillion mansions.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

i thought this was going to be another one of those thread accusing oprah of eating babies. shes not fat anymore people, she stopped consuming infants when she went on the diet

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Who cares. I don't give a rat's @$$ about Oprah.

Except that I hate her because she's rich and flaunts it by giving away sh!t on her show and buys $40 gazillion mansions.
    What I hate is she is always bringing up that she grew up poor picking cotton. Who cares she doesn't have to do jack squat for the rest of her life, and everybody knows it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Oprah Winfrey and her friend Gayle King want to be clear: they are not ***.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

She probably is, but who cares? :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast