Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Opossums under Hot Tub/Shed

"singersp" wrote:
    I have heard Moutain Dew & the same fly spray they use for cattle mixed together will kill raccoons & possums. Just make sure there are no pets around that will lap up the concoction.

Also, try mixing plaster of paris with some food that they eat such as corn meal & give them plenty of water to drink.

If you can back your vehicle up to the hole, take a shop vac hose, stick the hose in it, block off the remainder of the hole & connect the other end yo your exhaust pipe & let the vehicle idle for awile.

If all else fails, hire this woman.........

Yeah but she'll make you eat them after she catches them.

Frostbite is offline Coach

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Use Gopher smoke bombs from the Feed Store.
    Then hit them with a sharp axe as they run out, kick them around some, impale on a stick and cook.

ROTFLMAO!!!

You Might Be a Redneck??

LOL

In any case...I thank you all for the wonderful methods presented here. I was about to call animal control people when my neighbor came over and we decided to tape off the bottom and fill the holes in with dirt and gravel. Then I took the Carbon Monoxide approach with the hose from the exhaust pipe...as suggested. That did the trick....They were dead in about 45 minutes, limp and easy to remove tail first. One quick trip to the dump later and no more issues.

at least for now. I am going to have to Exclude them from these areas by pouring a cement/concrete slab (Which I should have done in the first place) and replace the pea gravel I have the shed and Hot Tub on now. They won't be able to dig under to get in.

Granny (Beverly Hillbillies) would love my yard as we have Skunks, Opossums, Coons, and other critters around here all the time. The Racoons love the pond and waterfall the best. They are nightly visitors most of the year. They never seem to bother anything though, which surprises me since I know how curious/smart they are. They eat the neighbors dog food regularly. The Dog (A Doberman Pincher) is afraid of them.

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers! ;D
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Use Gopher smoke bombs from the Feed Store.
    Then hit them with a sharp axe as they run out, kick them around some, impale on a stick and cook.

ROTFLMAO!!!
    I was thinking that would be a post from Cajun!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12