Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Open for Discussion

But.. I like it when things get a little heated.. it's a guilty pleasure, but nonetheless it can be entertaining, but oh well, all I really care about is disgussing football and hot chicks, maybe something related to entertainment now and then or occasionally something tongue-and-cheek. I try not to go way out of bounds, and I suppose I can keep the beast within caged.. until someone starts ripping on my team.. no, do not go there.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:
    Depends, if you're a big enough a-hole I block complete access to the site....you see nothing, not even as a visitor.
    Quick question... Where did Cheer Up Vikes fans! go? That had to be a top ten thread. :downtown:

It was number 1 on the top ten list, believe that. :lol:

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    It was number 1 on the top ten list, believe that. :lol:
    True dat. :twisted: Speaking of guilty pleasures Demonic that had to be one of yours over heated discussions.... :lol:

Helter swelter..? Yes, most definitely. I have some great mammaries.. I mean.. memories of that thread.

Space Coyote Guest

My impression of this site (and part of the reason I registered and like to visit here) was that it was primarily a Vikings page but there was a strong social component as well. I for one hope that can continue.
    Having said that, I think that some of the topics have been really heated lately. Not just a little racy or inappropriate but just plain mean or inconsiderate. This happens all the time on other message boards too. This place is really tame compared to fark or gamefaq or even imdb...but that's how it probably should be...a football web page should be a little bit more mainstream entertainment/family oriented than a lot of other places to visit on the web. I think more moderators might be a good solution. Not to nag or censor people...but to be there to catch things before they blow up. Rude comments, harsh language and nudity are bad if this place is going to be safe for the general populace (and safe for work, man I waste a lot of time on the Internet while I'm at work!). I like this site and would like to see it continue to be a place you can relax while talking about a wide range of topics...but first and foremost the Vikings (during the season anyway :smile: ).

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"Space Coyote" wrote:
    My impression of this site (and part of the reason I registered and like to visit here) was that it was primarily a Vikings page but there was a strong social component as well. I for one hope that can continue.
    Having said that, I think that some of the topics have been really heated lately. Not just a little racy or inappropriate but just plain mean or inconsiderate. This happens all the time on other message boards too. This place is really tame compared to fark or gamefaq or even imdb...but that's how it probably should be...a football web page should be a little bit more mainstream entertainment/family oriented than a lot of other places to visit on the web. I think more moderators might be a good solution. Not to nag or censor people...but to be there to catch things before they blow up. Rude comments, harsh language and nudity are bad if this place is going to be safe for the general populace (and safe for work, man I waste a lot of time on the Internet while I'm at work!). I like this site and would like to see it continue to be a place you can relax while talking about a wide range of topics...but first and foremost the Vikings (during the season anyway :smile: ).
    Completely agree. Keep it family safe.

guzziVike is offline Training Camp

Door was open. Hope you don't mind. Part of why I finally decided to stop lurking off and on, for probably a couple of years now, is because of the diversity of this board. I kept coming back because of how really on top of it everyone is around here about the Vikings, and football in general. It's not just a Tailgater, Trash-Talk, moronic "Go Team!" site. There's plenty of that, but the majority of posters seem smart and passionate about the game. And this looks lame just reading it; but I learn stuff here all the time. Not all of it about football. For what it's worth, I hope the discussion boards remain as diverse as its members. I support the even exchange of ideas without personal attacks.

It's really because of the size and variety of members here, that I don't just write this place off due to a handful of insult-driven people. You have more good than bad around here, please keep that in consideration if you are deciding to limit topics. I don't know how you do it, but it seems like you give fair warning and dump the trash only when you have to.

Honestly, these are the best places for a little social or political discourse as opposed to the dirth of single-minded or biased blog sites. I like knowing that I'm just talking to people who love football, so how Un-American could most of you possibly be. Mis-guided, Ultra-conservative, Liberal bashing nutjobs; buts obviously good people who love my Vikings. Yeah, I said it. MINE. ALL MINE. I got DIBS!

Sorry to barge in. I'm new around here.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I think the suspensions would work well.. If someone disobeys a rule.. Like calls someone names or bashes their opinion it should be a 5-10 day suspension.. and 2nd offense a month.. 3rd ur gone.. It's kinda harsh but it would keep the board clean!
    You just better hope they keep suspending exclusively for being an idiot, and don't start any drug testing rules! :lol:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    How about a 10-day suspension for the first offense, a one-year suspension for the second offense and then a lifetime ban for the third?

Posters need to be mindful that we are guests in Webby's (Internet) house...none of us would want the rest of us to come in and trash it...therefore, we need to be respectful and mind the rules. .
    Suspension won't work. Responsibility for our own action is the only way to go, something our society is becoming extremely lacking of.

We are adults and if someone is immature to screw up on more than one occassion without being able to work it out themselves or keep themselves in control, get rid of them.

It is alright to get on a opposing teams fan but not our own kind.

Suspensions won't work. It also puts too much pressure on the mods to keep track of something they shouldn't have to keep track of in the first place.

The mods know us that have been here for a while and I think we have some flex with them. But newbies need to see some examples when the other newbies start flexing and get rude with our Viking Brothers.

Personally I like the different topics on here. I don't want it to be only Vike talk.

Peace Out My Brothers

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast