Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Open for Discussion

"webmaster" wrote:
    Yeah, I think we need more mods too maybe. Things are big, and that's because everyone was cool with everyone....except when packers needed trashing.

That said, more mods means more nitpicking too. I am trying to find a delicate balance and I think that also means those in "leadership positions" need to help out a bit by example, but then again most do. Even mods have life changes that affect how often they can contribute and clean up. Some mods like Neumdog just watch. (slam!)

We do ban, and ban some people for a week, etc. Then let back. I hesitate to do that all that often, but maybe Del is right. Take a day break and then come back. Maybe we step that up.

Overall, the idea is that this is everyone's house, but thanks Cajun for offering it up as mine. Treat it as if it were yours. You guys always drive all the innovation and additions and fun around here...so the more time I have to babysit, the less resources I have to program, the less....

We had a political only forum for awhile...and it worked for awhile...but also at the cost of some real good members pissed off at others. So I trashed it. Cost/benefit analysis?

Life is life and we all want to discuss the events with our Viking bretheren...but we must remember the golden rule I think. Maybe I will revamp some of the rules, and get some feedback from you all?

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I await more feedback! More. MORE! SKOL!
    Sounds good to me Webby.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

The thing that gets heated most often are the political discussions, obviously. I just don't see a need for them on the board at all. I know we like to debate, but the truth is we're not trying to win over a 3rd party like actual campaign debates, we're just blowing smoke. It's not like someone is going to read it and go "Oh, gee. I no longer like George Bush because you have changed my perception of the world." There's no point to political debate in this setting other than to show the rest of the board that you know something that someone else may not, and so you can put up this graphic every once in a while when you win an argument and get a few laughs:

The chances are very slim that anyone's minds will be affected by debate on this board. I say boycott the political threads! IMHO.

By the way, does anyone know WTF that is?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

WTF= Whut the fuc k...

I agree with everything said.. Expecially the political threads.. they get heated way too quick!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

When it comes to politics, I will quote myself from the last locked thread:

"There is nothing you can do to change someone else's opinion, so blowing your top here and pissing people off is like taking a dump in your mouth. It just makes you a shittalker. "

Keep suggestions, ideas coming. I will post a revamp of some forum rules for discussion soon.

"ltrey33" wrote:
    The thing that gets heated most often are the political discussions, obviously. I just don't see a need for them on the board at all. I know we like to debate, but the truth is we're not trying to win over a 3rd party like actual campaign debates, we're just blowing smoke. It's not like someone is going to read it and go "Oh, gee. I no longer like George Bush because you have changed my perception of the world." There's no point to political debate in this setting other than to show the rest of the board that you know something that someone else may not, and so you can put up this graphic every once in a while when you win an argument and get a few laughs:

The chances are very slim that anyone's minds will be affected by debate on this board. I say boycott the political threads! IMHO.

By the way, does anyone know WTF that is?
    I think it is a thing that is on Japanese TV called domokun. :???:

V4L

I think the suspensions would work well.. If someone disobeys a rule.. Like calls someone names or bashes their opinion it should be a 5-10 day suspension.. and 2nd offense a month.. 3rd ur gone.. It's kinda harsh but it would keep the board clean!

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I think the suspensions would work well.. If someone disobeys a rule.. Like calls someone names or bashes their opinion it should be a 5-10 day suspension.. and 2nd offense a month.. 3rd ur gone.. It's kinda harsh but it would keep the board clean!
    I think that would work. I know I would never bash someone knowing that I would not be able to come back to the site that I love. :shock:

And btw.. What happens when you get banned? Can you just not sign on to you username?

The rules are pretty explicit. Folks should behave themselves, problem is that they don't, not completely. Some folks seem to try to incite others, but don't cross over the line. Do those folks get pm'ed or taken note of?

Politics can get ugly, but, then again, so can the debate over Moss. I guess the question is how to make posters act like mature, rational adults? Umm, if you can solve that problem, please let know, I'd like to try it on my boss. Seriously though, more moderators (behaving themselves) is a good idea. Maybe try shutting down political threads that are going no where sooner rather than later?

This is a good website. Thank you.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Depends, if you're a big enough a-hole I block complete access to the site....you see nothing, not even as a visitor.

V4L

LOL nice webbz.. I think that suspension deal has some potential though.. It would make the mods job easier keeping the board clean.. But Packer bashing should be allowed!! It would come even stronger knowing u can only bash packer fans!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast