Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

One step closer!!!

The NHL owners and Players are now one step closer to ending the lockout. Both sides have agreed on the framework for a salary cap.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=127314

WOOOHOOOO, I now have faith that I can get back to watching hockey next year.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: One step closer!!!

Sorry Smootpepper but I'm a through and through Canadian as well as a hockey fanatic, but this whole lockout thing has me not caring about rich suck hole hockey players. They sure look dumb now if their going to accept a cap that tops out at $34-36 million range. They should have gotten the deal done last year as now the players are not only making way less, it has been a whole year with no hockey and us hockey fans will need more then some 3rd rate apology from some dumb hockey player who wouldn't even be in the NHL if there weren't 30 teams saturating all the talent in the game.

Sorry for the rant but after the Vikes lost in January, it wa sstill super freakin cold outside and nothing to watch, so hockey I will watch you again, but not until the Vikes hoist the trophy!

Cheer!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

All I can say here from The State of Hockey is "Let's Play Hockey." Let's hope we get this thing solved so we can have hockey but it doesn't matter we will not get to watch it on TV anyway because ESPN canceled its contract with the NHL.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    Sorry Smootpepper but I'm a through and through Canadian as well as a hockey fanatic, but this whole lockout thing has me not caring about rich suck hole hockey players. They sure look dumb now if their going to accept a cap that tops out at $34-36 million range. They should have gotten the deal done last year as now the players are not only making way less, it has been a whole year with no hockey and us hockey fans will need more then some 3rd rate apology from some dumb hockey player who wouldn't even be in the NHL if there weren't 30 teams saturating all the talent in the game.

Sorry for the rant but after the Vikes lost in January, it wa sstill super freakin cold outside and nothing to watch, so hockey I will watch you again, but not until the Vikes hoist the trophy!

Cheer!!
    I join your boycott of hockey, CanadaViking...we watch NO HOCKEY until the Vikings hoist the trophy...not even if we get free tickets!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Schleppy is offline Starter

Yeah, I'm a big red wing fan and wont want to watch them either. I really got into Northern Michigan Wildcat hockey the last couple of years. My family loves it. Fans go nuts. later

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

My love for hockey and especially the Toronto Maple Leafs took a big hit with the lockout. I probably followed them more than the Vikings for a few years.

But now all thats changed. I've finally got my priorities straight:

1) Watching the Vikings kick azz
    2) Watching the Packers suck azz
    3) Watching the Leafs dominate the NHL
    4) Breathing

They better not screw it up this time though - I want to see my boys out on the ice.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I used to hate hockey, but after watching the movie Miracle for the first time last week, I kind of want to see some played!

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"ltrey33" wrote:
    I used to hate hockey, but after watching the movie Miracle for the first time last week, I kind of want to see some played!
    You'll have to watch out though - from Pennsylvania - you can either cheer for the Penguins (I wouldn't recommend it, they're the 49ers of the NHL) or the Flyers - and then you'll see my wrath cuz I HATE the Flyers almost as much as I hate the Packers.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

You guys are right! I PROMISE i will be at least 12 month more without whatching the first hockey game OR even try to understand the rules! THAT WILL SHOW THEM
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Yeah, I will prob boycott the NHL too. It will be nice to have it back but I will prob watch more HS and College hockey then NHL games. Plus I find the High school hockey scene to be more fun to watch.

I still cant believe the hockey players think the NHL makes anywhere near as much as the NFL, NBA, or MLB. Why should they be paid like NBA players when the NHL makes a fraction of what other sports do.

Thank you Hockey players for ruining the NHL for me.
    Thank you team owners for over paying what you cant afford in the 1st place.
    Thank you Gary for royally messing up hockey.

But the soon the NHL starts, the sooner the healing will begin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast