Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Older people of PPO, I need your wisdom!

"SharperImage" wrote:
    She hasn't answered my recent calls.
    Should I talk to my lawyer?
    a lawer will probably be cheaper than
    18-22 years of child support. if you then find out the child is yours, congratulations. nothing better than ahaving a son (or daughter I guess)
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

sounds like a pretty shitty situation, but there's some good advice there.
    I'd say a DNA test is a must.
    Good that you're willing to man up and accept it if you are in fact the dad, but no reason to pay all that money in child support for a kid that isn't yours, and believe me, without a DNA test, you can very easily find yourself doing just that.

You pretty much have a choice, accept the responsibility of supporting the child, or prove it isn't yours.

aceclown is offline Coach

Call Maury Povich.

Chuch.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

haha yeah he'll pay for the test! haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    [youtube=425,350]8qWFhDvURLg[/youtube]
    what did that have to do with the situation?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"SharperImage" wrote:
    Mk here is my weird situation

So this girl that I haven't talked to in over a year today calls me and says "I think your the father of my baby"

I almost shat my pants and had a heartattack at the same time.
    I thought about it and tried to remember the night...I never "Let the dogs go" If you catch my drift, but my cousin said that doesnt matter. My cousin also said she might be trying to trap me cause I have a decent job, and a place.

The funny thing is I said, "Well I'll get the kid tested and we will go from there" She said "Well I moved to Texas, and I can't come up there. So how about we just work something out" then my next question was "Can I see a picture of the kid" she replied "I dont internet on my phone or computer."
    I asked for a picture cause I am an Afro American guy, and she is Caucasian.

my first thought was to tell her to Floop Off with that BS! but if this is my kid, I can't leave him like my dad did! Im usually the box of wisdom within my friends, but I got nothing...

So should I tell her to Floop off? Do I tell my current girlfriend? Do I go down to texas and get the kid tested(if he turns out not to be mines, id shoot myself for wasting my time)? Im drawing blanks people..I appreciate the help
    Sounds to me like she doesn't are about finding the father as much as she cares about scoring some cash.
    Until there is some verifiable proof that this is your child, you are under ZERO obligation to give this woman anything.
    If she were that fired up to find the reral Father, your offer at testing would have been jumped on.

Until the female in question validates her claim (through DNA testing), I would refuse to give her cent one.

Caine

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

So this girl that I haven't talked to in over a year today calls me and says "I think your the father of my baby"

I thought about it and tried to remember the night...I never "Let the dogs go" If you catch my drift, but my cousin said that doesnt matter. My cousin also said she might be trying to trap me cause I have a decent job, and a place.

The funny thing is I said, "Well I'll get the kid tested and we will go from there" She said "Well I moved to Texas, and I can't come up there. So how about we just work something out" then my next question was "Can I see a picture of the kid" she replied "I dont internet on my phone or computer."

my first thought was to tell her to Floop Off with that BS! but if this is my kid, I can't leave him like my dad did! Im usually the box of wisdom within my friends, but I got nothing...

So should I tell her to Floop off? Do I tell my current girlfriend? Do I go down to texas and get the kid tested(if he turns out not to be mines, id shoot myself for wasting my time)? Im drawing blanks people..I appreciate the help
    Sounds to me like she doesn't are about finding the father as much as she cares about scoring some cash.
    Until there is some verifiable proof that this is your child, you are under ZERO obligation to give this woman anything.
    If she were that fired up to find the reral Father, your offer at testing would have been jumped on.

Until the female in question validates her claim (through DNA testing), I would refuse to give her cent one.

Caine

100% agreed. Do NOT enter into any agreements or pay ANY money without documented proof that this is your child. Some states have laws that once a man pays for child support, he is responsible, regardless of whether or not he is the biological father.

This is an extreme case concerning a man who did the "right thing" by paying support for a child he thought was his. Eventually it was proven he was not the father, but it did not matter to the court, and he ended up in jail. Very sad case.

[size=13pt]Child-support case puts man in jail for year, but he's not father[/size]
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    The biggest red flag for me is the whole I don't have the internet thing. Go to a local library, they have internet there. If she is serious, she will find a way to get you a picture.
    There are probably 40 million phones with a camera that can take a picture and send it instantly across the USA. If that is too hard for her to figure out you are probably safe.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"SharperImage" wrote:

Sharper,
    I believe it to be in your best interest to go to Texas and get a definite answer. If it turns out to not be your child, you can rest soundly at night that you don't have to deal with your ex for the next 18 years (and beyond). If it turns out to be your child you are at least equip with that knowledge and that is always a powerful tool. It sounds like you aren't ready to be a father, so I hope you end up wasting a couple of days out of your life. You can't really tell if a baby is yours just by looking at pictures(she could have slept with a guy that looks just like you). Good luck, even if the kid is your support him and do what you know is right. You suffered the pain of your father not being there, don't continue the cycle and inflict someone else with that childhood tribulation. God Bless.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"SharperImage" wrote:

Honestly, you sorta have to go down to Texas and take care of this and tell your girlfriend.

Wait... how long have you been with your girlfriend?

You know what, fuck it. Just start yelling in Spanish and hangup next time she calls.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast