Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Okay, you can flame me...

...but I have to admit watching that highlights at halftime of MNF of Favre's win over Oakland last year almost brought me to tears. As a Packer fan and a Favre fan, that really was one of the most memorable moments I can ever remember watching a game.

It's great that every team, Vikings included, have players that will always be "special" after they are gone. Favre is going to be the one for the Pack.

Sorry...not trying to incite anything. Just curious if you guys thought it was cool or just more Favre-worship by the media.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Del Rio Guest

Personally I think Favre is a great QB. He has the leadership and the talent period.

The thing that dawned on me while watching the half time piece on him is how his players love him. They respect him and play hard for him. And there is something to be said for that kind of respect.

I think he has a lot of heart, and all those games he's played is a testimant to that. Sometimes he should have sat, but he built respect with his team by playing even if they did lose.

Never had a problem with Favre only 2 times a year.

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Well, I think they are overdoing it a little bit, but it wasn't bad. If someone else did that they would probably never get as much recognition as he does for it, but he did play great that game.

By the way, if Favre can pronounce his last name Farve then can we call him Bertt? It just makes sense that if he pronounces his last name one way that he should do the same for his first name.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I hate Favre, and how Madden is always kissin' his ass (along with all the other commentators, media etc.) but that doesn't take away what he has done on the field. He's a great QB, and damn it I can't wait til he's gone!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Madden kisses everyone ass. I guarantee he will be kissing Culpepper's and Moss' next monday.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Very true stallion!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

umm boooo farve

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

I really liked the half time piece too. For Favre to play under those circumstances you have to respect that, and it was good to see the team supporting him.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

I dont want to take anything from farve away from that game but i kinda did feel like that game was sorta rigged. Jmo. I mean the raiders cbs did very little to stop the packer wideouts and farve. It was like no one wanted to even touch farve as well.

But he still had a great performance that day nontheles being rigged or not. I give him props for being a good qb over the years and being able to do that kinda stuff.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    I dont want to take anything from farve away from that game but i kinda did feel like that game was sorta rigged. Jmo. I mean the raiders cbs did very little to stop the packer wideouts and farve. It was like no one wanted to even touch farve as well.

But he still had a great performance that day nontheles being rigged or not. I give him props for being a good qb over the years and being able to do that kinda stuff.
    Oh, I don't know about the cbs playing that badly that it was a setup. I think they sucked anyway, and that whole team was playing poorly all season. If you look at some of those receptions Walker and Ferg and Driver were making...well, to be honest, they're not making them so far this season....I wish they were!!!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast