Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Oilers going to the stanley cup!

A few things PPE Oilers fans are WAY louder than canes fans.and how can you say Oilers fluked they won in 6 there is no fluke get over yourself its not a one game fluke win they had to beat them 4 seperate times. Come on you got to give a team props making it all the way to the finals considering the Canes are not even in the finals yet. Ill give the Canes props making it this far but there not even there yet I still think Buffalo is the better team and they will be the Oilers opponent

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    A few things PPE Oilers fans are WAY louder than canes fans.and how can you say Oilers fluked they won in 6 there is no fluke get over yourself its not a one game fluke win they had to beat them 4 seperate times. Come on you got to give a team props making it all the way to the finals considering the Canes are not even in the finals yet. Ill give the Canes props making it this far but there not even there yet I still think Buffalo is the better team and they will be the Oilers opponent
    I give them props but whoever comes out of the canes series will beat them. They're just not that good of a team. They've been riding roly the whole way.

And yes, many great players have said the RBC is the loudest they've ever played in during the playoffs.

Vike_Turner is offline Training Camp

All of the remaining three teams are extremely good and could take the cup, they all proved their worth winning their past series to get there.

That being said, the reason the Oil are winning their series goes far beyond a hot goalie. They have showed determination, grit and heart beyond any other team in the playoffs. Those are usually just catch phrases, but when you watch them play you can see it, they leave it all on the ice, they hit, grind, and block shots. That is because as a team they want it more than any other team left in the playoffs and that is why the Oilers are going to be the 2006 Stanley Cup champs!

And PPE, you mentioned all of the great players on the Hurricanes? The Oilers have already disposed of the star laden Sharks and Red Wings, and the Hurricanes are just going to be another victim....if they even make it.

Oil in 6, that way they get to win it at home.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:
    I give them props but whoever comes out of the canes series will beat them. They're just not that good of a team. They've been riding roly the whole way.

And yes, many great players have said the RBC is the loudest they've ever played in during the playoffs.

for the record, the oilers tied the record for the loudest playoff crowd, decible wise. they were over 114 decibles, so the oilers are definetly louder. thats a fact. check it out for yourself if you don't beleive me

[/quote] I give them props but whoever comes out of the canes series will beat them. They're just not that good of a team. They've been riding roly the whole way.

And yes, many great players have said the RBC is the loudest they've ever played in during the playoffs.[/quote]

I guess we will have to wait and see who wins. The east teams have just as much of a chance to win the cup as Edmonton does. Its one series you can never be to certain on whos gonna win.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

unless you have a time machine

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    unless you have a time machine
    Touche Yogi touche

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:

for the record, the oilers tied the record for the loudest playoff crowd, decible wise. they were over 114 decibles, so the oilers are definetly louder. thats a fact. check it out for yourself if you don't beleive me
    They also managed to start fires in the streets and tear down lamposts and damage other public property after they won their series. Unlike Flames fans, the Oiler's fans are like school on Sunday...no class.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Has a #8 seed EVER won it all???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    a 9-7 team, that came in as the wildcard? i call that an underdog. i wouldn't be suprised if buffalo won the series, but no matter who they play the oilers can, and will, win the season. once the playoffs come around, stats don't matter, all that matters is preformance in that round.
    And what makes you think they "can and will". Apparently Martin Broduer was the best playoff goaltender of all time. Look at what the canes offense did to him.

Roloson isn't half as good as broduer in my mind. Staal, Recchi, Weight, Brind A'mour, Justin Williams, Matt Cullen, Ray Whitney, Oleg Tvevrdovsky, Josef Vasicek, Andrew Ladd, Cory Stillman, Kevyn Adams, and goalies Cam Ward and Martin Gerber. This team is amazing and they HAVE preformed during the playoffs.

Besides Buffalo will beat the Canes in 7
    So what did you think about the game tonight? :razz:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast