Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Oilers going to the stanley cup!

Wish the Wild's trade of Rolie the Goalie was conditional to how deep they went in the playoffs. At the time, I thought the first-rounder they got was a steal (even though Rolie's a good goaltender, he's an FA at the end of the season). But now, seeing how well they've done with him in the net, coulda got some more. Good for him, and the Oilers!

Go Oilers!
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

2beersTommy is online now Team Alumni

good to see some different teams get this far

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Forking Oilers, I like Canada, but I hate Edmonton more :P

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    a 9-7 team, that came in as the wildcard? i call that an underdog. i wouldn't be suprised if buffalo won the series, but no matter who they play the oilers can, and will, win the season. once the playoffs come around, stats don't matter, all that matters is preformance in that round.
    And what makes you think they "can and will". Apparently Martin Broduer was the best playoff goaltender of all time. Look at what the canes offense did to him.

Roloson isn't half as good as broduer in my mind. Staal, Recchi, Weight, Brind A'mour, Justin Williams, Matt Cullen, Ray Whitney, Oleg Tvevrdovsky, Josef Vasicek, Andrew Ladd, Cory Stillman, Kevyn Adams, and goalies Cam Ward and Martin Gerber. This team is amazing and they HAVE preformed during the playoffs.

I think the Oilers proved they can beat talented teams already so you can go ahead and list the roster it aint scaring anyone. They took Detroit in 6 and they were the best team in the whole leauge by far. So why would they be worried abouth the Canes

Besides Buffalo will beat the Canes in 7

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Forking Oilers, I like Canada, but I hate Edmonton more :P
    I feel the same about Cowtown.....Man I feel for you ..... Edmonton CFL champs and soon NHL champs too. Hahaha I LOVE IT

But I as much as it pained me I cheered for Calgary during there amazing cup run.....It was a weird feeling cheering for them and I hope it never happens to me again

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    a 9-7 team, that came in as the wildcard? i call that an underdog. i wouldn't be suprised if buffalo won the series, but no matter who they play the oilers can, and will, win the season. once the playoffs come around, stats don't matter, all that matters is preformance in that round.
    And what makes you think they "can and will". Apparently Martin Broduer was the best playoff goaltender of all time. Look at what the canes offense did to him.

Roloson isn't half as good as broduer in my mind. Staal, Recchi, Weight, Brind A'mour, Justin Williams, Matt Cullen, Ray Whitney, Oleg Tvevrdovsky, Josef Vasicek, Andrew Ladd, Cory Stillman, Kevyn Adams, and goalies Cam Ward and Martin Gerber. This team is amazing and they HAVE preformed during the playoffs.
    probably because the oilers have gon through 3 rounds as underdogs and came out victorios. with roleson playing this well in the playoffs he's guarenteed to shine in the finals. the crapolina hurricanes haven't even made it to the final yet and your already predicting a win, they're not that good. if they were they might have some fan support, which they don't. oilers will beat the sabres in 5 while the hurricanes watch from home
    I would recognize your post as competent if it had made sense. No fan support my ass. The RBC center is touted as the loudest house in the NHL by many all time great players. Don't give me that no fan support bullshit.

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

I think the Oilers proved they can beat talented teams already so you can go ahead and list the roster it aint scaring anyone. They took Detroit in 6 and they were the best team in the whole leauge by far. So why would they be worried abouth the Canes

Besides Buffalo will beat the Canes in 7
    Our backup goaltender just shut out the Sabres on the road. :roll:

People have been worried about the canes all season. Just because the oilers had a fluke against one of the best teams doesn't mean they are the best.

"bigdaddy72_1" wrote:
    Apparently Martin Broduer was the best playoff goaltender of all time.
    I hope you just forgot about Patrick Roy when you wrote that post.

And as far as the finals go, I will go with yogi on this one and say that the Oilers will win in 5. I can't wait to see Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Joseph, and other past greats sitting in the stands rooting for the Oilers.
    And yes a 3rd post in a row since these oilers fans are such idiots.

I'm not the one who said that. Hasek and Roy are better than him in my mind. Maybe you should watch OLN more often and see what they have to say.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Take it easy PPE, your team still has 2 games to win against a good team before they even qualify in this conversation.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Take it easy PPE, your team still has 2 games to win against a good team before they even qualify in this conversation.
    Yeah, yeah I realize that. It's just that these oiler fans tick me off. :lol:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast