Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

Oilers going to the stanley cup!

cups coming back to canada!!! this only improves winnipegs chances of getting back a team because this proves a small market team like edmonton(winnipeg is edmonton without oil basically) can support a team, and that they can supply a contender

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Oilers going to the stanley cup!

Hurricanes will win the cup. Oilers will choke like all cinderella teams in the end.

except the steelers. oilers in 5

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    except the steelers. oilers in 5
    In 5???? Yeah right. You have got to be kidding me. If the hurricanes win the series against the sabres there is no way the measley oilers can stop them. Both goalies for the canes have posted playoff shutouts.. Eric Staal leads the NHL in playoff points. We have so much star power its ridiculous.

And since when were the steelers underdogs? The NHL and NFL are a lot different in that way.

a 9-7 team, that came in as the wildcard? i call that an underdog. i wouldn't be suprised if buffalo won the series, but no matter who they play the oilers can, and will, win the season. once the playoffs come around, stats don't matter, all that matters is preformance in that round.

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    a 9-7 team, that came in as the wildcard? i call that an underdog. i wouldn't be suprised if buffalo won the series, but no matter who they play the oilers can, and will, win the season. once the playoffs come around, stats don't matter, all that matters is preformance in that round.
    And what makes you think they "can and will". Apparently Martin Broduer was the best playoff goaltender of all time. Look at what the canes offense did to him.

Roloson isn't half as good as broduer in my mind. Staal, Recchi, Weight, Brind A'mour, Justin Williams, Matt Cullen, Ray Whitney, Oleg Tvevrdovsky, Josef Vasicek, Andrew Ladd, Cory Stillman, Kevyn Adams, and goalies Cam Ward and Martin Gerber. This team is amazing and they HAVE preformed during the playoffs.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

It's insane. Noone thougt the Oilers would go this far.

One of my friends - here in Denmark - are born in Edmonton. He's been watching the games the past few nights, so I don't think his boss is too happy about his work efforts these days.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

His boss will just have to wait until more important things are over with. :smile:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    And what makes you think they "can and will". Apparently Martin Broduer was the best playoff goaltender of all time. Look at what the canes offense did to him.

Roloson isn't half as good as broduer in my mind. Staal, Recchi, Weight, Brind A'mour, Justin Williams, Matt Cullen, Ray Whitney, Oleg Tvevrdovsky, Josef Vasicek, Andrew Ladd, Cory Stillman, Kevyn Adams, and goalies Cam Ward and Martin Gerber. This team is amazing and they HAVE preformed during the playoffs.
    probably because the oilers have gon through 3 rounds as underdogs and came out victorios. with roleson playing this well in the playoffs he's guarenteed to shine in the finals. the crapolina hurricanes haven't even made it to the final yet and your already predicting a win, they're not that good. if they were they might have some fan support, which they don't. oilers will beat the sabres in 5 while the hurricanes watch from home

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Apparently Martin Broduer was the best playoff goaltender of all time.
    I hope you just forgot about Patrick Roy when you wrote that post.

And as far as the finals go, I will go with yogi on this one and say that the Oilers will win in 5. I can't wait to see Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Joseph, and other past greats sitting in the stands rooting for the Oilers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast