Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh Crap II!?!?!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Oh Crap II!?!?!

That article was not meant to be political! It was meant for people to stand together and boycott Exxon and Mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is an attempt to lower the gas prices, DEms and REps both are feeling the crunch. :cry:

Paleeeeaaase do not make this a political issue! :evil: Simply send the message onto others and do not buy Exxon or Mobil gas!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Re: Oh Crap II!?!?!

What article are you refering too?

Read Oh Crap I!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

It ain't gonna work!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

probably not - but it took Edison like 185 tries to make a light bulb. We just have to keep trying ideas until we have found a solution. And it sounds like a good idea to me. If EVERYONE does not buy any gas from those two giants they will be interseted in selling gas or they will go broke. If we don't buy their gas how can they make a profit!?!?! If nothing else we at least know they won't be gouging the public!!

boognish is offline Coordinator

The key is to elect people who are serious about developing alternative energy sources for this country. As long as we're dependant upon fossil fuels, we'll be slaves to the industry.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Let's not get into politics again no matter who has been elected they have failed to try to get alternative fuel sources. It is not in their interest to do so. Let's try to manipulate the industry with the common people!! Rise up and do not buy and Exxon and Mobile gas or oil!!!!

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Bush seeks to ease oil pressure.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12469582/

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Urban legend. This has been circulating around for several years, and most if not all economists agree that it would not work. Check out http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

"snopes" wrote:
    A boycott of a couple of brands of gasoline won't result in lower overall prices. Prices at all the non-boycotted outlets would rise due to the temporarily limited supply and increased demand, making the original prices look cheap by comparison. The shunned outlets could then make a killing by offering gasoline at its "normal" (i.e., pre-boycott) price or by selling off their output to the non-boycotted companies, who will need the extra supply to meet demand. The only person who really gets hurt in this proposed scheme is the service station operator, who has almost no control over the price of gasoline.

The only practical way of reducing gasoline prices is through the straightforward means of buying less gasoline, not through a simple and painless scheme of just shifting where we buy it. The inconvenience of driving less is a hardship too many people apparently aren't willing to endure, however.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I hope the prices get down, cuz it's getting really expensive to drive!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast