erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Offset your Carbon Footprint!!! A Bunch of B as in B, S as in S.

[b][u][size=13pt]Be Climate Friendly, buy a carbon offset and feel "guilt" free.

Calculate the carbon emissions from driving your car, air travel, and the electricity used in your home or office or combine travel and power to offset events such as a wedding or conference. We’ll tell you how many carbon credits you need to neutralise your emissions and become Climate Friendly™.
    For an entire year i should have to pay this "company" $793.57/yr!

This is a bunch of B.S. I can't believe people actually get suckered into paying to offset there carbon footprint.

I was listening to the radio and found this site off of there website. It tells you when you used up your share of the planet. I should have died at 8 years old.

[b][u][size=13pt]Planet Slayer, When should you have died?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Offset your Carbon Footprint!!! A Bunch of B as in B, S as in S.

I didn't read the page but I am assuming they plant trees to offset your carbon footprint. Which by the way have to grown 11 years on the average to really do much of a job so they say. Goes says the plant is going to end in 10 years. So why the tree planting?
    LOL
    ;D

On the serious side, in the US anyway, there are more trees now than when the settlers came.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I'd b happy with less trees.
    Trees make me sneeze

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I'd b happy with less trees.
    Trees make me sneeze
    Move to NYC. I haven't seen a tree in weeks.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I didn't read the page but I am assuming they plant trees to offset your carbon footprint. Which by the way have to grown 11 years on the average to really do much of a job so they say. Goes says the plant is going to end in 10 years. So why the tree planting?
    LOL
    ;D

On the serious side, in the US anyway, there are more trees now than when the settlers came.
    really? wow I didn't know that. Must have taken along time to count all those trees.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    LOL
    ;D

Which settler was it again who counted the trees? No offense but just think about that assumption.

How stupid do these people think we are. The factories and businesses within a five mile radius of my home. and I live in the country, have a greater impact in one month than my family and I will have in a lifetime.
    And I'm expected to make the sacrifice.

It's an attempt to capitalize on guilt that these people seek.
    Shameful attempt to take advantage of those least responsible.

I'm doing my best to live green.
    But those who want me to feel guilty for my life can kiss my rump!

(Not in any way directed toward you Cojo. Just my rant.)
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think you notice the huge amount of more trees in the industrial state, but go to any state which practices logging and you'll know why I say that. More trees are planted than are cut down on an annual basis. When I lived in Colorado they held their Centennial for statehood. As part of that centennial they put out a coffee table book. It was "scenic" pictures taken in the early days and then the same picture on the facing page taken today. The shear amount of more trees was impossible to miss. And think about all the suburbs in the Midwest that use to just be open prairie and now are tree lined streets and homes with trees. I believe that national figures will back up my claims.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I don't think you notice the huge amount of more trees in the industrial state, but go to any state which practices logging and you'll know why I say that. More trees are planted than are cut down on an annual basis. When I lived in Colorado they held their Centennial for statehood. As part of that centennial they put out a coffee table book. It was "scenic" pictures taken in the early days and then the same picture on the facing page taken today. The shear amount of more trees was impossible to miss. And think about all the suburbs in the Midwest that use to just be open prairie and now are tree lined streets and homes with trees. I believe that national figures will back up my claims.
    OK. I just thought you meant when the first settlers showed up. They didn't have cameras to document the trees. And I assume they didn't waste a lot of time documenting how many trees were here.
    I'm sure you are probably right. But the evidence you supported your arguement with is impossible to prove or dissprove.
    So that substantially reduces its credibilty to me. Sorry.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer