Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Official Olympics thread!

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Wow U.S actually won a game. 77-71, close game and good performance by my boy odom. He filled in for duncan and played sick as well. Had some kind of stomach virus. I believe he had something to do with the win where he blocked a easy layup and put the game away with some clutch free throws.

Now if we can only win on with more team effort like this.
    I watched that game last night and was disappointed with the US team. The commentators were saying that the team had only been together for three weeks prior to the games - is that really long enough for players even of their calibre to gel properly as a team ? If the greeks hadn't missed a couple of layups or turned the ball over so much at the beginning of the 4th then the result could have been been much closer.
    Maybe that will be the wake-up call to get the US team to relax and play as you know they can
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Wow U.S actually won a game. 77-71, close game and good performance by my boy odom. He filled in for duncan and played sick as well. Had some kind of stomach virus. I believe he had something to do with the win where he blocked a easy layup and put the game away with some clutch free throws.

Now if we can only win on with more team effort like this.
    I watched that game last night and was disappointed with the US team. The commentators were saying that the team had only been together for three weeks prior to the games - is that really long enough for players even of their calibre to gel properly as a team ? If the greeks hadn't missed a couple of layups or turned the ball over so much at the beginning of the 4th then the result could have been been much closer.
    Maybe that will be the wake-up call to get the US team to relax and play as you know they can
    Ya usually you need a couple of months together for the team to gell and all. Three weeks isint going to do especially when you got all the hot shot superstars that dont want to pass the ball up a lot.
    Didnt watch the game so i dont know much of what happened.

Lets just hope they can get on a roll.

BTW anglo, how come UK doesnt have a team??? :scratch:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Yea it was a great game and Odum did make a differance but he played with everyone or got everyone to play with him as a team it was a good game to watch I agree they may can pull it out there back side but it as I said is not an issue for me...did you all see the women Gynasitics team play man Romina was really good. 2 bad for the USA team but they showed well...
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    [BTW anglo, how come UK doesnt have a team??? :scratch:
    We dobut don't think they made it via the qualifying stages for the games. There is a national league here but the home grown talent is just not as strong as that found in the rest of Europe. So little chance of us qualifying
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

I know this thread has been about the basketball team, but did you guys see Mariel Zagunis the American female fencer? She is the first American to win the gold in the individual saber in 80 years or something like that. She came out of nowhere too...pretty cool. Good job Mariel! :salute: :salute: :salute:
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    I know this thread has been about the basketball team, but did you guys see Mariel Zagunis the American female fencer? She is the first American to win the gold in the individual saber in 80 years or something like that. She came out of nowhere too...pretty cool. Good job Mariel! :salute: :salute: :salute:
    Actually this thread doesnt have to be all about basketball although it is in that persepective. Didnt see too much on that though.

We dobut don't think they made it via the qualifying stages for the games. There is a national league here but the home grown talent is just not as strong as that found in the rest of Europe. So little chance of us qualifying
    OIC.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Yay we beat Austraila!

Also congrats to Paul Hamm for winning the men's all around gymnastics gold!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Well what do you know, U.S actually won another game. Impressive. :roll: Maybe they finally figured out how to play like a team no matter how close of a win it is.

I think they will get there biggest test this week as they face undefeated Lithuania. If they beat them then i think we have a chance getting a medal.

Well i guess everyone knows what happened yesterday huh. Another dissapointing loss that slipped away from us within the last 2 mins or so.

Havent seen much of the games but who seems to be the star of the team?? Is it ai doing it all or is it td, others?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Who cares about mens basketball when we can watch Misty May and Walsh in womens beach volleyball!! They are fun to watch/gawk at!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast