Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Official Olympics thread!

well looks like the U.S pulled another close win out of the bag. I didnt see the game but i read an article where it said it was a close game. Anybody know what happened or watched the game. Not too long before we head on over to athens and the real bullets start to fly.

Always nice to get on a winning streak before going to Athens after getting our but spanked by the Italians.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Friday the 13th and the games start today what does that mean?
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Hopefully it means the U.S will go out and win everything they play that day and strike fear into there opponents. Im not looking at it as a bad day for the U.S but a day for the world. :lol:

Mark my words, U.S will not win gold this year. IF they do ill be eating some serious crow. :lol:

THis has to be one of the worst teams assembled by us.

Absoulutely embarrassed by some puerto rican scrubs who arent even close to contending for the gold metal.

rkuriger04 is offline Rookie

they dont deserve any medals

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Hawaiian, this IS the worst team ever assembled by us. Plain and simple, they suck. Damn NBA players who wouldn't come and play......and the "security" reason they gave (why they said they wouldn't play) just pisses me off alot, because it's a bunch of crap. Remember, these are also the same guys who refused to play for the National Team in the last world tourney, which was in Indinapolis (no security concern there). They just don't wanna put the effort in to play this game. If you ask me, they should get out and play for their country-they need to realize that this is more important than whatever else they are doing right now (as far as I am concerned). Yes, the team's got a great coach, but there's a certian point where coaching won't help this team, and they've reached that point.

This whole thing just shows the embarassing state of today's NBA.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Hawaiian, this IS the worst team ever assembled by us. Plain and simple, they suck. Damn NBA players who wouldn't come and play......and the "security" reason they gave (why they said they wouldn't play) just pisses me off alot, because it's a bunch of crap. Remember, these are also the same guys who refused to play for the National Team in the last world tourney, which was in Indinapolis (no security concern there). They just don't wanna put the effort in to play this game. If you ask me, they should get out and play for their country-they need to realize that this is more important than whatever else they are doing right now (as far as I am concerned). Yes, the team's got a great coach, but there's a certian point where coaching won't help this team, and they've reached that point.

This whole thing just shows the embarassing state of today's NBA.

I didnt think that the reason some of the leagues best players ie shaq, kobe, garnett, kidd, mcgrady, etc didnt participate was because of security reasons. I think it had to deal with if they had enough heart to play or any kind of injury concerns.

The talent is there, this team could win the gold if it played like a team and have desire to take the gold as well. Coaching is fine as well.

By the way, the nba players arent gettting paid to go to the olympics right??? Maybe thats why theres a bunch of stars not playing.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't think those five guys not playing is about heart. Shaq is getting old and it wouldn't help his career to add an extra 10 games or so and more practices. KG is getting married, Kobe has pending legal problems, Tmac needs to get familiar with a new team, and Jason Kidd, well I don't have a reason for him, but who cares!! Did you guys see the mock game that ESPN put on between the Olympic starters vs. those five guys. Shaq and co. won by something like 30 points!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Wow U.S actually won a game. 77-71, close game and good performance by my boy odom. He filled in for duncan and played sick as well. Had some kind of stomach virus. I believe he had something to do with the win where he blocked a easy layup and put the game away with some clutch free throws.

Now if we can only win on with more team effort like this.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

They beat Greece? Well thats good I was fully expecting a loss!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast