Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Official NBA thread!

Jazz looked good. That was even without that big waste of space known as Boozer.

Guy gets his money and is faking injuries left and right trying hard to get Sloan to ship him out.

That's what is hard about Utah you have guys coome here for the money
    (which is guaranteed in the NBA) and then do what they can to get traded or let go.

But our team is looking good. Williams was a great pickup at #3 I'm very optimistic about this season, 15 blocked shots.....Sloan is working up something special.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Jazz looked good. That was even without that big waste of space known as Boozer.

Guy gets his money and is faking injuries left and right trying hard to get Sloan to ship him out.

(which is guaranteed in the NBA) and then do what they can to get traded or let go.

But our team is looking good. Williams was a great pickup at #3 I'm very optimistic about this season, 15 blocked shots.....Sloan is working up something special.
    Boozer...what a douche! I met him in person. Wow, those guys are so lanky in person.

Anyways, I like the Jazz. AK-47 is the man!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

After living in Utah for about 12 years, (moved 5 years ago), I still have a soft spot in my heart for the Jazz. I am still hurting from the loss in the title game to the Bulls and Jordan's last second shot! And the bad part is, they replay it on ESPN Classic ALL THE TIME!
    Go Jazz!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

Yeah where Jordan pushes off.

1998 the same year the Vikes ripped my guts out. The vikes ripped em out and the Jazz pissed on em. lol

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    oh baby dont get me started talkin about the soon to be champion, Miami Heat baaaaaaaaaaybeeee! heat 1-0, soon to rule the world.
    Thats because there is nothing to talk about!

I thought they were going to win it all last year? :razz:

lol well I'll give you a good reason why we didnt win it last year...we were up and if we went into detroit and won the game we would have won the series. D-wade sat out cuz of a injury.Then in game 7, d-wade wasnt 100% and struggled.The pistons at the time where a more complete well rounded team then we "were". BUT this year , we brought in so much depth and quality players that we can win the title. I mean we have gary peyton as a back up to J-will. Given gary isnt as effective as he was years ago its still a pretty cool feeling.This team is just like the 03 pistons, quality and depth at every postion.Heat will take the cake this year!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

goooood why dosnt my quote thing ever work???? anyone know what im doing wrong ?

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

vikingTurf Guest

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I think McCants is sadly the future of the Timberwolves. He has an attitude, he has a swagger, and he plays like an NBA player. As much as I hate the guy, I have to admit that he will eventually be good. The guy is a showoff but that is what fits the NBA. Watch this guy rise to the top. He fits the league really well. i missed most of the game last night so I didn't get to see much of Jaric. From what it looks like he could end up being pretty good. I like griffin a lot. Candi sucks IMO.
    Hope u right, I have McCants in my fantasy team.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Boozer...what a douche! I met him in person. Wow, those guys are so lanky in person.

Anyways, I like the Jazz. AK-47 is the man!
    Ultra, that is Mr. Dusche to you! :lol:

Del, tell me about it, does the name Cassell ring any bells. He didn't want to play last year at all. I have no idea what the situation is in Utah, with Boozer, but I have a soft spot in my basketball world for Boozer = Duke. It is sad if that is what he is doing. He is the one that chose to play in Utah rather than stay in Jamesville.

Del Rio Guest

Snow,

That's just my own rant. It had been suggested around town on the sports radio as well, but no one knows.

He got paid a bucket full of money, way more then his talents are worth IMO and he played very well until we went on a losing streak then he had a toe injury, then a foot injury, leg injury, yesterday was a hamstring injury....................

It could be unfortunate luck, but I think he is not a fan of Jerry Sloan. See Jerry has Utah's support, Jerry has an owner who will ALWAYS side with him. He takes no shit from no one, regardless of who they are and how much money they make. Boozer is not a fan of that. He is also not a fan of the very physical style of basketball Sloan wants played.

While some guys could be our heros in college, it is a bit different now. In college he is playing for a job, he HAS to perform and perform well. In the NBA he has his money, and he could be a totally different person.

Utah has had a problem recruiting black athletes here. It has also had a problem keeping good ones around. There is no night life here, there are very few black people, and Utah is not really on the map when it comes to endorsements and popularity for athletes.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

I am a HUGE JAZZ fan! you too del?

Go vikes!!

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast