Page 1 of 38 123 11 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Official NBA thread!

Season opened 2 days ago and only one thread on the Bucks.

Just thought I would start this thread and say that I really liked the look of the Twolves team. I don't know if they will make it to the playoffs this year, but I like the fact that they have some young players to build on.

They have leadership and young guys and I hope they check all the attitudes at the door. They seemed to have gotten rid of two of the attitudes in the off season.

Jaric
    Hassell
    Wally
    Griffen/Candi
    KG

They are asking Candi and Grif to pick it up this year and play underneath.
    Jaric is a 6'5" point gaurd, from last night, he needs to stop passing the ball to the other team, other than that he is great.
    Wally shooting fine.
    KG what can you say, but awesome!

Bench
    McCants, Frahm, Carter, T-Hud, Mad Dog

Not much for experience at the F/C to back up.

GO Wolves!

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

Re: Official NBA thread!

The Wolves didn't look that bad last night. Right now I get a free NBA League Pass preview from Dish Network so I will be able to catch a couple of games. Candiman is an absolute stiff. I can't beleive how much we are paying him to average 8-6. I really like Jaric. being in SoCal I get to watch alot of Clippers games (now I have to watch the cancer that is Sam Cassell) on the tube and from watching Jaric the last couple of years I like what he does on the court. He plays good D, shoots it a little bit, goes to the rack, all in all a decently rounded game. He does need to cut down his turnovers and stay healthy, but other than that he is a good fit. McCants could be a big asset this season with the loss of Hoiberg in the offseason, he can score the rock from anywhere on the floor. Wally will be Wally, Hassell will be our Bruce Bowen type, and nothing needs to be said about The Big Ticket.

I think the Wolves have a shot at the 8th spot but it will be a difficult task indeed.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

On another note, besides LBJ, T.J. Ford is my new favorite player to watch. I have watched the majority of the first two Bucks games and he is amazing. He doesn't shoot the ball that well but, he is so quick and gets werever he wants on the floor. Watching AI trying to beat him on isolation plays was great. T.J. is the only guy that I've seen that has the quicks to stay with AI when he is isolated out top. Consider this the start of my campaign for T.J Ford as Comback POY.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

Del Rio Guest

GO JAZZ!

1-0 baby!!!!!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I think McCants is sadly the future of the Timberwolves. He has an attitude, he has a swagger, and he plays like an NBA player. As much as I hate the guy, I have to admit that he will eventually be good. The guy is a showoff but that is what fits the NBA. Watch this guy rise to the top. He fits the league really well. i missed most of the game last night so I didn't get to see much of Jaric. From what it looks like he could end up being pretty good. I like griffin a lot. Candi sucks IMO.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

oh baby dont get me started talkin about the soon to be champion, Miami Heat baaaaaaaaaaybeeee! heat 1-0, soon to rule the world.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

WOT, the Heat looked really good last night, after a little bit of a slugish start. Mr. Walker was an animal and DWade was outstanding as always. I didn't watch a whole lot of the game, How got more minutes at PG J-Will or GP??

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    oh baby dont get me started talkin about the soon to be champion, Miami Heat baaaaaaaaaaybeeee! heat 1-0, soon to rule the world.
    They have a tremendous amount of talent. They should win.

It is amazing how much pull the Shaq has. He plays in the East one season, and the power shifts just like that. Right now, it is an illusion until they actually win. Which they should if they play as a team.

I have never been sold on J-Wil though.

I hope to see the Heat play well this season..

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Oh man I know, shaq cannot be gaurded physicaly bye anyone in this league. Big Ben isnt tall enough, and Yao isnt bulk enough. Deep I didnt get to see the game I had class, but I'll deff be suiting up for tonights game against the pacers, gonna be a good game.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Thats because there is nothing to talk about!

I thought they were going to win it all last year? :razz:

Page 1 of 38 123 11 ... LastLast