Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

Re: official MLB thread

This move will help shore up the middle infield defensive problems we had last year, and he is a good hitter, but has no power. To challenge the Sox, we still have to add a power hitter. Hopefully not Frank Thomas who can't stay healthy even though all he does is DH.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

There is very little out there as far as finding a power hitter. Unless they managed to brainwash the Red Sox to giving them Manny for nothing I don't see them getting anybody else that will make much of an impact.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    There is very little out there as far as finding a power hitter. Unless they managed to brainwash the Red Sox to giving them Manny for nothing I don't see them getting anybody else that will make much of an impact.
    SMALL BALL baby, it had worked in the past. I think that is why we went and got a guy that can hit .300 and do very well from both sides of the plate.

Hopefully Morneau can hit 30-40 HRs and the others can hit in the teens.

It would be nice to have a REAL DH, a real threat on the team. We haven't had one in a long long time. Oh well!!

SJHILL is offline Starter

I was driving with a friend listening to the radio, and I turned it to KFAN, then I heard we traded for Castillo, and I almost creamed my pants. Castillo is awesome. I can see him hitting 310-330.(Batting Average)

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    SMALL BALL baby, it had worked in the past. I think that is why we went and got a guy that can hit .300 and do very well from both sides of the plate.

Hopefully Morneau can hit 30-40 HRs and the others can hit in the teens.

It would be nice to have a REAL DH, a real threat on the team. We haven't had one in a long long time. Oh well!!
    I heard some talk that they are still looking at Piazza. that'd be awesome if we could get him.

Thanks Josdin

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    i miss baseball. i know i'll get laughed at for it but i really like baseball. i agree snow we need a official MLB thread, espically since the mntwins site hasn't been posting at all lately.

anybody hear about instead of getting a center fielder the yankees are thinking of movine Jeter to CF? i hope that is what they do that mean Torii should stay with the Twins :grin:
    That sounds good for the Twins if the Yanks are planning on something like that. The guys on ESPN were all dogging the idea of moving either of them to CF. Are they quick enough?

Keep Torii :!: :!: :!:
    i think Jeter would make an adequate center fielder, but not a gold glover like Torii. i just hope and pray we hold on to Torii

There is absolutely NO WAY that Jeter or A-Rod, especially Jeter, will be moved out of the infield, the left side of the infield. A-Rod mastered the 3rd base position last year, and Jeter is a consistent Gold Glove shortstop, theres no way that they will move either.

As for Manny talks, I don't really see him going anywhere but the Mets. Omar Minaya didn't say who they're going after but he said they're defintiely not done making moves. Cliff Floyd had a career year last season. He is a lefty though, and I don't know if they would want back to back lefties with Floyd and Ortiz. So it could be Floyd and prospect(s) to Boston for Manny.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

I'm just stating what I heard Anderson. I could give a crap who they put out in centerfield. So long as it's not Torii Hunter I'll be glad :grin:

Thanks Josdin

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    I'm just stating what I heard Anderson. I could give a crap who they put out in centerfield. So long as it's not Torii Hunter I'll be glad :grin:
    What's wrong with Hunter? Yes, he's very streaky at the plate, but he is still one of the best defensive players in the league. He won the Gold Glove again even though he was out for most of the second half of the season.

He would be a nice 7 or 8 hitter in the lineup. Not cleanup like Gardenhire had him doing alot last year.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

....i thought this thread was MLB for Middle Line Backer, thats all i will say. I will leave this thread and shalt never return.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"jessejames09" wrote:
    ....i thought this thread was MLB for Middle Line Backer, thats all i will say. I will leave this thread and shalt never return.
    Same...
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast