Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

official MLB thread

I tried to dredge a thread, and there was no clear cut winner.

I think we have been doing good with the official Wild Thread, and the official NBA thread. We manage to contain most topics related to those sports.

I am proposing that this become the official MLB, especially Twins, thread.

Re: official MLB thread

Twins news:

Cuddyer will play new position in 2006

http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5753930.html

If the season began today, Terry Tiffee would be the Twins' starting third baseman.

And that's why third base is such a high priority as the Twins prepare for next week's winter meetings in Dallas.

The Twins are convinced that Michael Cuddyer, who committed 15 errors in 95 games at third base last season, needs to move elsewhere, preferably right field. It's why the Twins have expressed interest in free agents Bill Mueller and Nomar Garciaparra and have looked into such other third basemen as Texas' Hank Blalock and Mike Lowell, who was traded from Florida to Boston last week............ go to the article for more info.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i miss baseball. i know i'll get laughed at for it but i really like baseball. i agree snow we need a official MLB thread, espically since the mntwins site hasn't been posting at all lately.

anybody hear about instead of getting a center fielder the yankees are thinking of movine Jeter to CF? i hope that is what they do that mean Torii should stay with the Twins :grin:

Thanks Josdin

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    i miss baseball. i know i'll get laughed at for it but i really like baseball. i agree snow we need a official MLB thread, espically since the mntwins site hasn't been posting at all lately.

anybody hear about instead of getting a center fielder the yankees are thinking of movine Jeter to CF? i hope that is what they do that mean Torii should stay with the Twins :grin:
    That sounds good for the Twins if the Yanks are planning on something like that. The guys on ESPN were all dogging the idea of moving either of them to CF. Are they quick enough?

Keep Torii :!: :!: :!:

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:

That sounds good for the Twins if the Yanks are planning on something like that. The guys on ESPN were all dogging the idea of moving either of them to CF. Are they quick enough?

Keep Torii :!: :!: :!:
    i think Jeter would make an adequate center fielder, but not a gold glover like Torii. i just hope and pray we hold on to Torii

Thanks Josdin

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

a little early to be talking about baseball, dont you think? i mean the snow just got here. lol

how about them blue jays getting into the free agents market? signing by ryan to a huge deal and offering another big deal to giles. mabye they are actually going to sepnd some money and win some games this year. i hope they dont spend it on stupid stuff like they have in the past.
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    a little early to be talking about baseball, dont you think? i mean the snow just got here. lol

how about them blue jays getting into the free agents market? signing by ryan to a huge deal and offering another big deal to giles. mabye they are actually going to sepnd some money and win some games this year. i hope they dont spend it on stupid stuff like they have in the past.
    What are you talking about, I have been here a long time. Oh don't worry this thread will be burried under a drift and thawed again many time before Spring Training.

What was Ryan thinking? :wink: Good pick up for the Jays!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

it just starting snowing here today, and im in canada, so snow not till like november is unheard of. silly global warming. last week it was +18 and now its -17. crazy.

and speaking of the wild thread, where is it?
    We're bringing purple back.

i just read there is some talk about going after Nomar :shock:
    i think this would be a stupid signing, yah he's a good offensive player but he hasn't stayed healthy for a couple seasons now.

Thanks Josdin

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    i just read there is some talk about going after Nomar :shock:
    i think this would be a stupid signing, yah he's a good offensive player but he hasn't stayed healthy for a couple seasons now.
    Sometimes you just have to do stupid things, take risks. He is due for a healthy season soon. He could lead our team in HRs if he was healthy. :roll:

It would be nice to get full season out ouf some of our key players. Morneau, Mauer, Hunter, we have had many injuries the last few years.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast