Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re:Official Madden NFL 10 thread

On my online roster, I noticed Winfield was rated a 99 as Strong Safety. So I have Winfield at SS and Asher Allen at CB. Huge drop off at starting corner but huge bump at SS. Not sure if I'll keep it that way. I'm just a level 1 right now (11-13 record) so I'm not playing a lot of people that are experienced enough to pick on Asher and if they do I'll just switch line up mid game.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

happy camper wrote:
    On my online roster, I noticed Winfield was rated a 99 as Strong Safety. So I have Winfield at SS and Asher Allen at CB. Huge drop off at starting corner but huge bump at SS. Not sure if I'll keep it that way. I'm just a level 1 right now (11-13 record) so I'm not playing a lot of people that are experienced enough to pick on Asher and if they do I'll just switch line up mid game.
    yeah, I noticed that too. CB is a little rough though without him, so I stuck with TJ at SS, he's pretty athletic, and that helps alot in madden.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Have not played madden is so long. I started a franchise. Won the superbowl, Favre retired, and now my quarterback is josh freeman
    We're bringing purple back.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

The thing that I like about NFL Madden 10 is that you are able to edit the player positions. That was not possible in some of the other versions. You could switch some of the players around in the depth chart, but it was impossible to e.g. get you wide receiver to play running back.

I found out that there's a lot of players that can benefit from a little "change of scenery". Some players has to go through the "edit player"-action, but some of the position changes can also be done in the depth chart.

Here are my top 4 "dirty" tricks I have found while I played Madden 10:

1. Percy Harvin: WR 81 - HB 88 (edit player)
    The Vikings already have the best running back situation, but Harvin has all the skills for a runningback and he is an excellent 3DRB in passing situation because of his great receiving skills and speed. One other thing is that a HB can be used at WR, but not the other way around.

2. Antoine Winfield: CB 92 - SS 99 (depth chart)
    Move Winfield over to safety and you'll instantly have a Bob Sanders on your team, well... actually, Winfield is better than Bob Sanders at the safety position.

3. Chad Greenway: ROLB 86 - RE/LE 91 (depth chart)
    Both of the starting OLB's will receive a rating boost if you move them to defensive end. This goes for many of the OLB's in this game. I often trades for 80 OVR OLB's and switch them to defensive end and they will get a 90 OVR rating. It only works with guys with good pass rushing moves though.

4. Sidney Rice: WR 89 - FS 38 (edit player)
    This is pretty extreme and it looks really ugly on paper, but you will have a pass interception phenom if you take control of Sidney Rice in passing situation at the safety postition. It's a shame to lose him on offense though.

Blog Entries

HEY wrote:
    The thing that I like about NFL Madden 10 is that you are able to edit the player positions. That was not possible in some of the other versions. You could switch some of the players around in the depth chart, but it was impossible to e.g. get you wide receiver to play running back.

I found out that there's a lot of players that can benefit from a little "change of scenery". Some players has to go through the "edit player"-action, but some of the position changes can also be done in the depth chart.

Here are my top 4 "dirty" tricks I have found while I played Madden 10:

1. Percy Harvin: WR 81 - HB 88 (edit player)
    The Vikings already have the best running back situation, but Harvin has all the skills for a runningback and he is an excellent 3DRB in passing situation because of his great receiving skills and speed. One other thing is that a HB can be used at WR, but not the other way around.

2. Antoine Winfield: CB 92 - SS 99 (depth chart)
    Move Winfield over to safety and you'll instantly have a Bob Sanders on your team, well... actually, Winfield is better than Bob Sanders at the safety position.

3. Chad Greenway: ROLB 86 - RE/LE 91 (depth chart)
    Both of the starting OLB's will receive a rating boost if you move them to defensive end. This goes for many of the OLB's in this game. I often trades for 80 OVR OLB's and switch them to defensive end and they will get a 90 OVR rating. It only works with guys with good pass rushing moves though.

4. Sidney Rice: WR 89 - FS 38 (edit player)
    This is pretty extreme and it looks really ugly on paper, but you will have a pass interception phenom if you take control of Sidney Rice in passing situation at the safety postition. It's a shame to lose him on offense though.
    all good ones. Personally, I don't use Rice at all on offense very much. I'm better with a quick guy like Harvin running in the slot and I like the TE's. my wideouts get neglected at times.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    all good ones. Personally, I don't use Rice at all on offense very much. I'm better with a quick guy like Harvin running in the slot and I like the TE's. my wideouts get neglected at times.[/quote]

This. Sometimes I force the ball into Rice just to get him some reps. But Harvin is so easy to throw to in the slot on slants or even going over the top.

Blog Entries

gregair13 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    all good ones. Personally, I don't use Rice at all on offense very much. I'm better with a quick guy like Harvin running in the slot and I like the TE's. my wideouts get neglected at times.
    This. Sometimes I force the ball into Rice just to get him some reps. But Harvin is so easy to throw to in the slot on slants or even going over the top.[/quote]

yup.. I'd do the exact same. I'd make an effort to get the ball to Rice, and when I start losing because I'm making dumb throws, Harvin down the seam all day.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    This. Sometimes I force the ball into Rice just to get him some reps. But Harvin is so easy to throw to in the slot on slants or even going over the top.
    yup.. I'd do the exact same. I'd make an effort to get the ball to Rice, and when I start losing because I'm making dumb throws, Harvin down the seam all day.
    Then I just go back to running.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627