Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The Official Hunting and Fishing Thread

I was asked by one of our better posters in a PM to start a hunting thread.
    Rationale behind it is that not everyone looks at hunting the same way.
    Some find pictures of dead animals offensive.

I for one, think it is a great idea to use a dedicated thread for hunting and fishing discussions.

On a side note, my apologies to the posters on here who found the pics offensive.
    Hopefully all the other hunters will follow and post fishing and hunting pictures in this thread.

6 Point taken with my blackpowder at my new hunt club
    [img width=450 height=337]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk34/Marrdro/005.jpg[/img]

4 Point taken with my blackpowder at my new hunt club
    [img width=450 height=337]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk34/Marrdro/005-1.jpg[/img]
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Official Hunting and Fishing Thread

I see the purpose in hunting but I don't participate in it. I don't like the whole killing of animals thing but I won't hate on those that do. Enjoy your barbaric sport.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

I for one, think it is a great idea to use a dedicated thread for hunting and fishing discussions.

On a side note, my apologies to the posters on here who found the pics offensive.
    Hopefully all the other hunters will follow and post fishing and hunting pictures in this thread.

[img width=450 height=337]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk34/Marrdro/005.jpg[/img]

[img width=450 height=337]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk34/Marrdro/005-1.jpg[/img]
    Nice Marr,
    now you need to go out and find his grandpa....Do you find the younger bucks more tender, or not much difference?

Congrats,
    Ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Nice Marr,
    now you need to go out and find his grandpa....Do you find the younger bucks more tender, or not much difference?

Congrats,

Ned
    I usually like to get at least 2 does early on in the season and then hunt for horns the rest of the season.
    These two are probably a 2.5 (6ptr) and 1.5 (4 ptr) year old bucks that shouldn't be to bad eating.

Funny part of this is that Wildman and I joined a new club (closer to our house) after hunting with our old club for 15 years.
    Kindof fun trying to learn the habits of the deer on the new propert.

Much to my chagrin, the first day of blackpowder, I went one way and all the rest of the hunters went to a completely different area of the property.
    Made me question myself a bit, but I think I am on them.
    Pretty soon the same routes these young bucks are running (looking for does) will be run by the big boys as the does in thier little harems are taken care of.

Wouldn't be to suprised to see either me or Wildman whack a nice wall mount this year even though we are the "New" guys in the club.
    Course, the club president gave me a call today to say that 3 guys were hunting in my honey hole this morning.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Tied some new flys last week and gave them a try over the weekend and pissed off a friend I was fishing with.
    He considers himself the king of bass (king of the asses, maybe) and he got skunked and I reeled in dozens of nice bass while he went home with his tail between his legs.
    Now he claims that all the fish that are caught in the boat belong to the people fishing in the boat, so, technically, he didn't get skunked.
    Owned.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Deer meat is overrated. I'd much rather have beef.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

RUN, BAMBI, RUN!!!!!

:P

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

So i've been trying to get into deer and goose/duck hunting but I don't have gun safety.. I don't want to be a poacher

I looked into it and they only offer gun safety classes around here at night.. Problem is I work every single night except Sundays

So does anyone here know of a place online I can take gun safety? Does that even exist? I can't seem to find it

If anyone knows of this it would be greatly appreciated

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    So i've been trying to get into deer and goose/duck hunting but I don't have gun safety.. I don't want to be a poacher

I looked into it and they only offer gun safety classes around here at night.. Problem is I work every single night except Sundays

So does anyone here know of a place online I can take gun safety? Does that even exist? I can't seem to find it

If anyone knows of this it would be greatly appreciated
    Its like driving without a license, don't get caught (and don't go out with Dick Cheney)

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Deer meat is overrated. I'd much rather have beef.

Try some Venison jerky, Marinated right It's fantastic, Of course you'll have to know a hunter to avoid paying too much, Every year a friend gives me a 2 lb bag, I have to hide it from my kids.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.