Page 11 of 166 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1651
  1. #101
    PurplePride80's Avatar
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,980

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Hip-hop is a joke because it's "Music" created by people that can't play music.. so what do they do? They have to use music already written, steal it, then call it "sampled".... then have a computer generated drum beat behind it while they rap (ie-rhyme, pretty sure my 4year old cousin can rhyme better than 98% of the rappers out there) non-melodically over it.

    The lyrics aren't deep, introspective, complex (I could go on forever) and don't ask the listener to use their heads for thinking at all. They "rap" about the same tired subject's like Money, cars, their critics, their "biaches", and guns.

    Rap appeals to a certain sort of person, sure. But not everyone enjoys working at McDonalds.
    You officially lost all respect from me! You are ignorant and that rant with the most uneducated response I have ever heard. You are the type of person I would never want to have a conversation with. You know nothing about hip hop and judge it. This makes you ignorant and a biggot. Not all hip hop is sampled, and actually most of it is not. Every listened to the Roots. No you have not otherwise you would not have made that comment. They play their own instruments. Your 4 year old cousin can rhyme better than 98% of rappers. you must be out your gol 'darnit mind. You say their lyrics are not deep. I will not even respond to that. You made yourself look like a fool. I am done even responding to this because it is a waste of my time. You have a lot of growing up to do. I listen to Hip Hop and that is it. I have my BBA and am working on my MBA. Guess what I do not work at McDonalds and I would bet my whole life savings I make 3 times as much money as you.
    You sound just like the materialistic music you defend.

    Oh, and I doubt it.
    You have a degree in music. You make jack pooh. What do you teach middle school music?
    Wake the hell up. Actually a have very few things you call materialistic. I save and invest my money. You are ignorant and nobody will ever take you seriously.
    LOL, tell me about it.

    It's got to a point where I don't even believe him anymore. I think he's just saying this, only to try to get people riled up.

    Anyone who has listened to NaS, The Roots, or Jurassic 5 would NEVER make the statements you did.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

  2. #102
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    Getting a little mad aren't you? Just because I said Hip-hop was a joke and gave my reasons? Doesn't sound like you're being to reasonable either.

    I'll tell you what, I'll give hip-hop a chance if you settle down at accept that someone doesn't like it... deal?

    and is it against the law to sit around on my computer while the tube is on... it's tuesday night for christ's sakes.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #103
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "C" wrote:
    Getting a little mad aren't you? Just because I said Hip-hop was a joke and gave my reasons? Doesn't sound like you're being to reasonable either.

    I'll tell you what, I'll give hip-hop a chance if you settle down at accept that someone doesn't like it... deal?

    and is it against the law to sit around on my computer while the tube is on... it's tuesday night for christ's sakes.
    You can dislike Hip Hop but anyone who calls it a joke and some of the other things you said is just ignorant. (Period)

  4. #104
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Getting a little mad aren't you? Just because I said Hip-hop was a joke and gave my reasons? Doesn't sound like you're being to reasonable either.

    I'll tell you what, I'll give hip-hop a chance if you settle down at accept that someone doesn't like it... deal?

    and is it against the law to sit around on my computer while the tube is on... it's tuesday night for christ's sakes.
    You can dislike Hip Hop but anyone who calls it a joke and some of the other things you said is just ignorant. (Period)
    Fair enough. But to say you've lost all respect for someone just because they listed their reasons for not liking Hip-hip... that isn't ignorant? hmmm....
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #105
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Hip-hop is a joke because it's "Music" created by people that can't play music.. so what do they do? They have to use music already written, steal it, then call it "sampled".... then have a computer generated drum beat behind it while they rap (ie-rhyme, pretty sure my 4year old cousin can rhyme better than 98% of the rappers out there) non-melodically over it.

    The lyrics aren't deep, introspective, complex (I could go on forever) and don't ask the listener to use their heads for thinking at all. They "rap" about the same tired subject's like Money, cars, their critics, their "biaches", and guns.

    Rap appeals to a certain sort of person, sure. But not everyone enjoys working at McDonalds.
    You officially lost all respect from me! You are ignorant and that rant with the most uneducated response I have ever heard. You are the type of person I would never want to have a conversation with. You know nothing about hip hop and judge it. This makes you ignorant and a biggot. Not all hip hop is sampled, and actually most of it is not. Every listened to the Roots. No you have not otherwise you would not have made that comment. They play their own instruments. Your 4 year old cousin can rhyme better than 98% of rappers. you must be out your gol 'darnit mind. You say their lyrics are not deep. I will not even respond to that. You made yourself look like a fool. I am done even responding to this because it is a waste of my time. You have a lot of growing up to do. I listen to Hip Hop and that is it. I have my BBA and am working on my MBA. Guess what I do not work at McDonalds and I would bet my whole life savings I make 3 times as much money as you.
    You sound just like the materialistic music you defend.

    Oh, and I doubt it.
    You have a degree in music. You make jack pooh. What do you teach middle school music?
    Wake the hell up. Actually a have very few things you call materialistic. I save and invest my money. You are ignorant and nobody will ever take you seriously.
    LOL, tell me about it.

    It's got to a point where I don't even believe him anymore. I think he's just saying this, only to try to get people riled up.

    Anyone who has listened to NaS, The Roots, or Jurassic 5 would NEVER make the statements you did.
    You are probably right!

  6. #106
    PurplePride80's Avatar
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,980

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "C" wrote:
    Getting a little mad aren't you? Just because I said Hip-hop was a joke and gave my reasons? Doesn't sound like you're being to reasonable either.

    I'll tell you what, I'll give hip-hop a chance if you settle down at accept that someone doesn't like it... deal?

    and is it against the law to sit around on my computer while the tube is on... it's tuesday night for christ's sakes.
    LOL, I'm not upset man.

    You don't think I've heard tons of people criticize hip-hop? What you've been saying in this thread, I've heard it all before. And I realize that many people DON'T like hip-hop, but usually those are the one's who haven't given it a fair chance.

    If you think it's trash, fine, it's not like you're the only one.

    Check out some of the artists that were suggested in this thread, and then get back to me.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

  7. #107
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    I figured this would get some people fired up. Thanks for the entertainment guys!

    Goin to bed.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #108
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Getting a little mad aren't you? Just because I said Hip-hop was a joke and gave my reasons? Doesn't sound like you're being to reasonable either.

    I'll tell you what, I'll give hip-hop a chance if you settle down at accept that someone doesn't like it... deal?

    and is it against the law to sit around on my computer while the tube is on... it's tuesday night for christ's sakes.
    You can dislike Hip Hop but anyone who calls it a joke and some of the other things you said is just ignorant. (Period)
    Fair enough. But to say you've lost all respect for someone just because they listed their reasons for not liking Hip-hip... that isn't ignorant? hmmm....
    You can dislike Hip Hop and even hate it but give some reasons that are educated and make sense. Your reasons were not facts they were fiction. You were making a generalization about hip Hop. That is basically a form of racisism in a different form. Why not make a statement like "some Hip Hop music has way too much profanity, violence, and disgrace towards women. This part of Hip Hop is bad for the community and children. These artists are bad role models. I like how some artists like Chamillionaire made his new CD with no profanity to help give Hip Hop a better name." Now there is a statement I could respect.

  9. #109
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    i have really stopped listening to "rap/hip hop" lately bc most of it is bs, but thats only on the radio, if u buy the cd there are a couple "deeper" songs on there... o and someone up there said Nas, Nas is the best rapper imo i love One Mic

    Thanks josdin00

  10. #110
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "C" wrote:
    I figured this would get some people fired up. Thanks for the entertainment guys!

    Goin to bed.
    You obviously have no life and do not work at an ad agency. I bet you work at Wal-mart. You have no professionalism and no firm would ever hire you. Have a good life!

Similar Threads

  1. Official TV Discussion Thread
    By Benet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 05:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •