Page 101 of 166 FirstFirst ... 51 9199100101102103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1651
  1. #1001
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    IF only rappers could actually know Music, all they can do is grab a writers lyrics and mush em together so they sound like they rhyme... then rent some nice cars, women, and teeth and go squeeze something out that sounds like a Challenged Hillbilly frog... haha seriously how many rappers could actually play an instrument or know what a note is? i'd say maybe 5% at the most. But hey that is just my opinion.

  2. #1002
    PurplePride80's Avatar
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,980

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    V4L, who are some of your favorite rappers?

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Nah man, I like Nas, way more than Jay-z.
    Illmatic is one of my favorite albums.
    I like them both, but like you I prefer NaS.

    What did you think of his first single "Hero"?

    I thought it was ill man, great energy.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

  3. #1003
    litlharsh's Avatar
    litlharsh is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    738

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    I listened to Reasonable Doubt again, and even though illmatic is far and away my fav, reasonable doubt bumps far better in a car.

  4. #1004
    APALLDAY28 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    I like hip hop, but it just seems that there are a lot more one hit wonders know. U very rarely get good complete albums anymore. they might come out with one or two goods songs thats it and u wont hear from them in forever or at all. Im more of the R&B and old school hip hop. Earth wind and fire, Al green, 2pac, old school Snoop.

  5. #1005
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "APALLDAY28" wrote:
    I like hip hop, but it just seems that there are a lot more one hit wonders know. U very rarely get good complete albums anymore. they might come out with one or two goods songs thats it and u wont hear from them in forever or at all. Im more of the R&B and old school hip hop. Earth wind and fire, Al green, 2pac, old school Snoop.
    I saw Al Green at Wolf Trap a few weeks ago, front row seats.
    The Rev has still got it!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #1006
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "litlharsh" wrote:
    I listened to Reasonable Doubt again, and even though illmatic is far and away my fav, reasonable doubt bumps far better in a car.
    Reasonable Doubt is a great album, probably the only one I like from Jay-z (Aside from a few songs here and there)


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  7. #1007
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Nah man, I like Nas, way more than Jay-z.
    Illmatic is one of my favorite albums.
    Stillmatic is better IMO.

  8. #1008
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Nah man, I like Nas, way more than Jay-z.
    Illmatic is one of my favorite albums.
    Stillmatic is better IMO.
    Stillmatic is not even close, lol
    :P


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  9. #1009
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Nah man, I like Nas, way more than Jay-z.
    Illmatic is one of my favorite albums.
    Stillmatic is better IMO.
    Stillmatic is not even close, lol
    :P
    It's like arguing if piss or shit smells worse.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #1010
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532

    Re: The Official Hip-Hop discussion thread

    "TimmyT" wrote:
    Most of the best hip-hop artists do not sell a lot of records.
    Theres a reason for that...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Similar Threads

  1. Official TV Discussion Thread
    By Benet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 05:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •